• This topic has 55 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • George Lamb leaving 6 Music
  • monkfish
    Free Member

GL will certainly be an improvement over the current idiot who can barely string a sentence together. I would also like to see the weekday breakfast guy hoofed as his show turns 6 music into 6 inane babble. I much prefer the drivetime format which is more music less chat.

cheers_drive

would also like to see the weekday breakfast guy hoofed as his show turns 6 music into 6 inane babble

Do you mean Shuan Keaveny? No way he's brilliant, great music and banter although he took a bit of getting used to after Phil left.
    Although if I had my way Adam and Joe would be on 24/7

BigJohn

I apologise for this, but I like George Lamb, I like Iyare, who I often hear while making the coffe waiting for Adam and Joe but I detest Phiiilll Jupitus who I'm sure will get discovered one day to have just come to read the meter but got conused for a presenter.

househusband
    Free Member

Bring back Jupitus he was good

Indeed – it was he that got me into 6music

zokes
    Free Member

Excellent news! LL is great, George Lamb needs to return to his student union DJing slot, and even that's a bit too mature for him…

pjbarton
    Free Member

Did Dobbo just say get rid of Adam and Joe?!!! – literally the best thing on the whole of BBC. jeeze, what is the world coming to!?

Quite like George Lamb after a few listens – wasn't a fan on first listen. Quite interesting under a veneer of crassness, I guess a lot of people just heard all the crassness and never tried harder.

CountZero

Phil Jupitus was brilliant in the mornings, quick witted with a genuine love of music. Sent him a text one morning querying availability of a track he'd played, and a few minutes later my phone rang, and it was Phil, tipping me off about a couple of shops in London that might have it. I'll hear nothing against a radio DJ who loves music that much that he'll try to help out a listener like that.
    I must say that spoof George Lamb plastic toy had me laughing out loud. Brilliant send-up.

Aristotle
    Free Member

George Lamb seems a bright bloke, but is really, really unsuited to 6Music.

Presumably the station's listeners broadly agree.

mrchrispy

get some great tunes on George Lamb (thanks to mr hughes) and some of the banter is classic. I like the guy (but the sound effects do get a bit much). bloody load of vibe snipers you lot!

chakaping
    Free Member

So long as they don't replace him with more oafish professional northerners like that Keaveny joker, then this is good news.

Lauren Laverne you say? Even better. Always had a soft spot for her.

That Mark Radcliffe/Riley in the evening slot is a disgrace too, or at least his music is. Never heard such atrocious indie w**k.

Usually switch over to 1extra to hear some genuinely innovative music instead.

dot
    Free Member

Ahhhh Ga-douche!
    Not many graphic designers on STW then.

Jamie
    Free Member

Dobbo:

…..get rid of Adam & Joe as well would be a good move.

The Black Squadron will be with you shortly……..

…..and its going to hurt. 😈

CountZero

…and to make my week even better, Moyles is leaving his morning show! YESSSSSSS.

chakaping
    Free Member

Phill Jupitus is the nicest celeb I ever had to interview. I had a 30 min phone slot with him when working on a local paper and ended up chatting for an hour and a half.

Almost had to make my excuses to get back to work in the end.

zokes
    Free Member

Having just had to put up with yet another inane ear-battering volley. GET THE TWUNT OFF THE RADIO NOW! PERMANENTLY! HE@S A ****ING ****ER of a ****ING BANKER!

/and breathe

Pook

Moyles to leave breakfast?

Where've you got that from XT?

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘George Lamb leaving 6 Music’ is closed to new replies.