• This topic has 55 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • George Lamb leaving 6 Music
  • nickc

Sorry Mods…

**** off soon you useless bag of c**k…

Thanks, that's all, carry on

IanMunro
    Free Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lister

+1

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I assume this is aspirational rather than factual, yes?

[EDIT: Ah, tis factual. I'll miss him – but please Lauren Laverne?????]

IanMunro
    Free Member

And being replaced by Lauren Laverne.
    Christmas has come early this year 🙂

crazy-legs

I hope it's factual, he's one of the worst DJ's I've ever listened to. In fact he's amost solely responsible for putting me off the normally very good 6Music altogether. Although that annoying Welsh bint, Cerys Matthews was almost as bad.

grievoustim
    Free Member

woop

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I thought he was ok
    Then again I switched over from the Moyles/Scott Miles rubbish

I do like Lauren Laverne though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ll 🙂

sofaking
    Free Member

well i thought he was great

thomthumb
    Free Member

if you want pipe and slippers try radio 2. GL is a legend.

grievoustim
    Free Member

it should be noted he isn't leaving 6 music, but moving to weekend breakfast

and now adam and joe will be starting an hour later at 10am

patriot_matt
    Free Member

Barry Wang!

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Danny Dyer will lose aload of publicity
    He is the only one to shed true light on Mick Hucknall!!

will
    Free Member

Seems like BBC radio execs read STW. Following on from the Chris Myloes hating thread

Raindog
    Free Member

I like George Lamb, but he's a one trick pony that could only last for so long. I look forward to Lauren though 😉

CountZero

HURRAH! At last, useless fifth-rate Moyles knock-off. Lauren Lavern's great, as is Cerys; both of them are actual musicians, and, as such have a genuine interest in music, Cerys asked me to mail her a list of new stuff when I spoke to her after her gig recently. Unlike half-wits like Lamb/Moyles, who are only interested in self promotion and the sound of their own annoying voices.
    Lauren is genuinely funny, unlike Lamb; Kenickie were one of the funniest live bands I've ever seen. Cerys plays brilliant music, and is continually looking for new stuff to play. While some may not like her accent, that has nothing to do with her committment to playing great music, something Lamb/Moyles never bother to do, as it would interrupt their continual flow of mindless crap. A friend's fourteen year-old son way back described Moyles as 'childish'. Pretty astute summing up, I thought.

Aristotle
    Free Member

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!

Good luck to him on a show I won't be listening to.

I can listen to the radio again when travelling by car in the late morning. R2's offering at that time is dull and I can only take so much Woman's Hour….

I like Cerys' music and was pleasantly surprised when her was really good.

I like Lauren Laverne too.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just as long as nothing affects Adam and Joe then I could not give a monkeys.

cheers_drive

Back of the net, Cashback, etc……!!!!!!!!!!!!

By in large 6 music is brilliant and most of the DJs are much more listenable than the radio norm but George Lamb is a complete knob who just didn't fit with the rest of the station.

Jarvis Cocker next year too 😀

That's made my week

Aristotle
    Free Member

George Lamb is a complete knob who just didn't fit with the rest of the station.

Exactly

It was almost as if they were trying to change the direction of 6Music by bringing in somebody fairly 'Radio1' during the day -maybe to boost the listener numbers, an odd move as people could very easily just listen to the original Radio 1 FM for that and I can only assume that he wasn't actually that popular.

Sandwich

I found him preferable to Jo Whiley/Sara Cox.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I found him preferable to Jo Whiley/Sara Cox

Faint praise…..

bawbag
    Free Member

George Lamb took a bit of getting used to but I think he's really good now – used to hate him. Plays some brilliant tunes that you can't hear anywhere else other than pirate stations.

Ah well, will Black Squadron still exist at 10am?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Get in. No more f**king foghorn.

househusband
    Free Member

Good news.

Anyone else find Chris Hawkins rather, umm, dull and weak..?

Dobbo

Good ridence to bad sh1t, shame he's still on in any form, get rid of Adam & Joe as well would be a good move.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Anyone else find Chris Hawkins rather, umm, dull and weak..?

Yes. I'm not quite sure how Chris Hawkins got the gig as he's not a typical DJ type -Although he's not in-yer-face like George Lamb. I only hear the last 10 minutes of the early breakfast show which doesn't seem to involve foghorns and lots of dodgy patois and Jamaican dance-hall.

Jamie
    Free Member

simon_g

Excellent stuff. I may even buy a proper DAB radio for my home office to celebrate, rather than the pikey streaming option!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I can cope with Mr Lamb on his current slot, because I only have to listen to him when I'm off sick. Weekend breakfast is currently not much to my taste either, although in fairness it isn't George Lamb. I sometimes hear it if I switch on too early for Adam and Joe, which will now be a much more common occurence as they'll be later.

So I guess I'm making a small sacrifice at the weekend so that some of you can enjoy Lamb-free mornings in the week. That's cool with me, of course. You're very welcome. 😀

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

Lamb out, Laverne in? Result!

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

About f*cking time to!

alex222
    Free Member

Lauren Lavern is the crappest tv presenter in the world. If her dj skills are anything like that then she will be pure ba ba. Gearge Lamb is way more interesting than LL. She should be shot.

BigDummy
    Free Member

"Sunday doesn't feel that different to the other days of the week anymore. Although there was something wierd about when everything seemed to stop on a Sunday, it kind of marked out the week.

I am going to put the boringness back into Sunday. That's my mission."

Jarvis Cocker. He's going to be great. 🙂

Lardy_biker
    Free Member

Got to agree about LL as a DJ.

She was doing the breakfast show on xfm for a while and was truly pony.

It was like listening to a conversation in athe sixth form common room most days.

binners

Result! That means I can now stop diving for the office switch as soon as Keaveny finishes. The moment I hear the 'hilarious'(read: puerile and moronic) noises and samples come on.

He's an utter and complete ****!!!

FG
    Free Member

it should be noted he isn't leaving 6 music, but moving to weekend breakfast

Hope not as I like listening to Iyare on weekend morning's. This'll put me right off.

monkeychild
    Free Member

LL is awful, I will never forget her totally bombing presenting the nme awards a few years ago it was cringeworthy 😆

llama

I quite like GL but I only listen once a week or so. Every day would be a little annoying I imagne.

CM is great. Plays some really interesting stuff.

Don't like LL much.

Bring back Jupitus he was good

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘George Lamb leaving 6 Music’ is closed to new replies.