Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Geonaute ANT+, xperia Z3, Endomondo works?
  • papamountain
    Free Member

Hi, im looking at the Geonaute Ant+ hrm. I know the Z3 phone has ant+. Will it work with endomondo? I keep reading different things about endo and ant+ devices.

Anyone got this combo or same but with a different ant+ phone?

Thanks.

mogrim

Not the Geonaute Ant+ but I’ve been using a Garmin Ant+ with my Z3+Endomondo with no problems at all. Decathlon stuff usually works and they’re usually pretty good with returns – I’d certainly give it a go.

papamountain
    Free Member

Thanks, they mention the garmin ant+ being compatible but no mention of other ant+ devices. Doesn’t matter now anyway as they are out of stock 🙁 They were £11

atlaz
    Free Member

A new garmin (not premium) one is only 30 quid

mogrim

A new garmin (not premium) one is only 30 quid

That’s the model I’m using.

lovewookie

Z3’s are a bit funny with ANT+ I think. Endomondo definitely is.

I use a Coospo chest strap, connects fine and works well in endomondo, suggesting ANT+ is OK.

unfortunately I cant get either my Bontrager ANT+ speed and cadence, or my cateye one to read. it sees it when you scan, but fails to connect.

worked on my Z1, kinda worked for about 30 seconds on the Z3 which suggests to me that the Z3 ANT is a bit iffy, or that the recently updated endomondo is crap.

(the Z3 has run on two versions of kitkat and is now on lollipop, so not an OS problem)

mogrim

Z3’s are a bit funny with ANT+ I think.

Some possibilities/suggestions:

* the transmitter’s not 100% ANT+ compatible. I’ve got a Suunto HR strap, and while the associated watch (an Ambit) can be connected to all manner of ANT+ devices the strap itself transmits a Suunto version of ANT+, which isn’t compatible with anything else. Including my Z3.

* There are a couple of ANT+ diagnostic apps on Play Store, ANT+ Demo and ANT+ Plugin Manager. Have a play with them.

* Endomondo seems to forget the devices its paired with occasionally. It’s probably due to updates or something, but it doesn’t warn you that it’s no longer paired, it just stops recording HR data. Very handy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Geonaute ANT+, xperia Z3, Endomondo works?’ is closed to new replies.