Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Geologist / Geotechnical / Geoenvironmental Engineer seeking employment.
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Hi all,

Right I know there are a few geo-tech types on here so I thought I’d post in the highly unlikely chance that someone knows where there is some work going.

Geo-environmental engineer, MGeol (Uni. Soton) nearly 6 years experience in Phase I and Phase II investigation. CLEA evaluations. Logging to BS55930 and EC7. Interpretive reporting including foundation design and remedial schemes.

Extensive site supervision and on site project management of Phase 2 ground investigations up to £500K. Experience managing up to 40 site staff for periods up to 3 months.

Looking for something in the longer term site supervision and project management area, large scale project design etc.

Would consider working abroad.

If anyone knows of anything going please let me know. Im fully aware that the industry is on its knees and that im going to be hard pushed to find something, however you can but try.

Cheers.

J

NZCol

Opportunities in nz as well, email if interested.

slimtubing
    Free Member

2nd NZCol’s comment, I’m just about to start wotk next week for Auckland Council and there’s a whole heap of major infrastructure going on for probasbly the next 5 or so years, try Fletchers, Bryan Perry Civil, Fulton Hogan and Mainzeal fora start.

flip
    Free Member

Jeez say again? Can’t help but enjoyed reading your post, have you much student debt?

loddrik
    Free Member

Yeah, anyone got room for an experienced planning officer with MSc in environmental planning.

No? Seems like no one else has either… 🙁

Kit
    Free Member

one_happy_hippy – mind me asking how much you’re looking to be paid?

I’ve got similar experience/qualifications and when I left my job to do an MSc in CCS, I was earning less than £22k. Bollocks industry to be in, if I’m being honest, but then you probably know that 😉

TheFlyingOx

Is this too different to what you do now?
    Always seems to be loads of geology-type jobs going in oil & gas. My mate does it out in Algeria and loves it.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Got my first job from leaving school with Robertson Research now they are called Fugro Robertson Ltd

Tyn-y-coed Site, Llanrhos, Llandudno, North Wales, LL30 1SA
    Tel +44 (0) 1492 581811, Fax +44 (0) 1492 583416
    E-mail info@fugro-robertson.com

neilforrow

Mailed ya fella.

But there are the obvious ones

Ends
    Earthworks

Fielders
    BBT or whatever they are called now
    Mc mann
    Etc

marcus
    Free Member

J. – Have you got any potential Client contacts and where are you based ?

nebber
    Free Member

I hear Soils Limited are hiring… not got enough experience myself 🙁

dickydutch

The offshore industry is probably the best market at the moment. I graduated in 2008 and now work for a predominantly offshore based consultancy (although v.little time is spent offshore). Lots of work on at the moment…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Geologist / Geotechnical / Geoenvironmental Engineer seeking employment.’ is closed to new replies.