Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Geocaching advice please
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

I know, roughly, what it is. I’m thinking about whether it might be something my nearly 9yr old might like. He’s an adventurous boy but doesn’t like activities that are overly organised (eg. Cubs) or involve listening to an instructor (eg. shinty).

Is it appealing to kids that age?

Is there enough of it round here (Lochaber)?

What would be a suitable GPS for it? Possibly one also suitable for bike duties that he and I could share.

scotroutes

Great for kids to do and not a big team thing (unless you want it to be). Any GPS will do, you don’t need it to do.maps. Cycle-specific types might be harder to get a grid ref and direction arrow so an Etrex or Dakota would be better. If you have a smartphone then start with that?

Cougar

c:geo if you’ve got an Android phone. It’s a great way of sprucing up a walk.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Didn’t think about the phone 😕 I’ll try that with him first. What’s a good website to find places to go?

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

What’s a good website to find places to go?

Cgeo on a smartphone let’s you do searches, or there’s a map so you can just go looking 🙂
    Otherwise geocaching.com
    Tm

matt_outandabout

As above, geo cache app, fire it up and you will find them… Loads everywhere including lochaber…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ah I see, that app looks good eh. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Geocaching advice please’ is closed to new replies.