Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Geocaching
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Can some one please explain this to me? Is it like GPS treasure hunt?
    wouldn’t mind trying it but not sure where to start

sc-xc

Download the app to your smartphone for a cheap way of trying it out.

We did a couple of hundred a few years back, a really great way of getting kids excited about walking around the countryside!

binners

Just download the geocaching app and get going.

They’re absolutely everywhere. Some are easy to find, some are really hard. Its great fun to do with the kids. A good one is to think of a really good location, say in the Lakes, and just head for a day out, and do a big route, getting in as many as possible

siwhite
    Free Member

I do a bit now and again – I’m up to a couple of hundred I think. I find it a good way of finding new places to walk and explore – I’ve been on loads of walks close to home that I’d not have done if there weren’t geocaches to find. Great if you are dragged into a town for a shopping trip – go for an explore with a purpose instead of wandering about the shops! I’ve started to seek out harder caches now – particularly the higher terrain ratings where you have to climb trees, wade in streams or go scrambling for them. Not into the puzzles at all – my attention span is far too short. Quite good fun on a bike as well, with a suitable phone mount on the bars.

Download the app and see how many you’ve been walking past for years without realising it….

wrightyson
    Free Member

As above the app is the way forward. Better on ios than android I find but both OK. We’ve found some stunning ones. The one at tintagel is a cracker which the mrs point blank refused to help find as it was a little bit near the cliff edge. Our kids love it even at 10/13. If you can, pre save the caches in the area before you go there as it saves on battery and improves crappy gps sognals if the area is remote. Some of the town one’s are also good as to not look like you’re strange/up to no good is a challenge.

surfer
    Free Member

What sc-xc said

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Geocaching’ is closed to new replies.