Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Genuine last minute bargain holidays
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Anyone ever managed to book one? For various reasons we didn’t book early this year, so thought we’d try our luck with a last minute. Im always hearing people who got a great holiday for 100 quid here there and everywhere, but I’m dammed if I can find one. They’re no cheaper than booking months in advance – and by last minute I mean leaving Saturday.

uplink
    Free Member

You’re probably better off walking into a ‘bricks & mortar’ travel agent

I’ve had a few good ones from them in the past

stumpy01

A few years ago, I went with my other half to Tunisia for a week. It was fairly last minute & included a hire car from Bristol airport, as the flight left from Stansted (or Gatwick) and arrived back at Bristol.

I think the total cost for 2 of us half board was £470 and that was in a massive 4*+ hotel.

So not exactly £100, but only £235 each for a week in Tunisia, with brekkie & dinner.

Speaking with the travel agent when we booked our holiday earlier this year, she said that the days of last minute deals is pretty much gone. Don’t know why.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Yeah I think it’s a bit of a myth, tho I got a 70% discount on a cancellation from an independent high st travel agent in 2002, so I’d try them.

lunge

Teletext holidays are good for this, got 5* in Egypt for under £300 per head all inclusive a few years ago.

If not, stroll into the travel agents on Friday lunch time and say you cna leave tomorow, where is cheap.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

http://www.travelzoo.co.uk has some cracking bargains.

donsimon
    Free Member

I would guess that all prices have been driven down leaving no margin for the last minute discounts. If anything I would expect, if break even point has been reached, that the last minute prices would increase.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Just tried the high st, hardly anything available that wasn’t in 18-30 style resorts without paying 500 quid plus. Girl said at this time of year there’s no chance of a bargain, if they do get a cancellation it goes back on the system at the normal price. Been looking on teletext, definitely the best selection but by the time you’ve added on baggage, transfers etc it’s nit really a bargain. Lesson learned – book well in advance!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Genuine last minute bargain holidays’ is closed to new replies.