Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Gentlemens outfitter recommendations
  • I’ve got a bit of a do to go to next weekend

I want a nice waistcoat, fitted shirt, nice brogues and maybe trousers

I prefer to shop online and hate clothes shopping, but need to try stuff on and want to get it all in one place/shop

Any suggestions – Sheffield, Derby, Chesterfield – I’ll go to Meadowhall/Intu if I ‘have to’?

Ta

dmck16
    Free Member

Can’t go much wrong with Slaters.

Got a lovely three piece suit and a few extras earlier this year – measured and altered to fit nicely. The whole process was straightforward and painless.

I used their Edinburgh store, but a quick Google shows one in Chesterfield.

Cheers – looks ok, but nearest one seems to be Nottingham, which is doable, but a bit of a PITA

aP
    Free Member

Haha aP, it’s like revisiting 1975

midlifecrashes

If it isn’t too far out of your area, come up to Doncaster and try the Skopes and Peter Werth sections in the House of Fraser outlet place in town(Baxter Gate), good stuff at fairly silly prices. Then if they can’t sort you out, Lakeside Village (formerly Yorkshire Outlet) will have something for you at their outlet places.

PMK2060

Next do decent looking shirts, waistcoats and trousers if you don’t want to spend big bucks. For shoes I would recommend Shoe Healer in Doncaster. Plenty of good quality English made brogues and the staff are helpful.

mehr
    Free Member

Brant?

😆

Tracey

Carl Stewart in Ossett isn’t to far North of you

woody21
    Free Member

Brocklehursts of Bakewell – you can’t go wrong

Might be a bit too ‘gentleman’ for me Andy

woody21
    Free Member

You’ll be sound – it’s not all tweed. You’ve got Bridge Street that do smart lounge suits and Matlock a Street for your tweed. Maybe your other half would like a pair of Dubarry boots

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Jaeger at McArthur Glen Junction 28 is pretty good

perchypanther
    Free Member

Kingsman?

If it’s your first time, insist on Fitting Room 1

the-muffin-man

If you want your wallet emptying there is Brigdens in Derby.

No, I don’t really thanks Tim, it’s not that an important do 🙂

Jaeger at McArthur Glen Junction 28 is pretty good

McArthur Glen is pretty shit though – very hit and miss to find anything you want

hodgynd
    Free Member

A 16 year old me when asked by the tailor ” which way does sir dress ?”..answered “standing up “
    Still makes me cringe with embarrassment..whenever I remember.. 😳

BillMC

Brocklehursts, they stock some lovely stuff.

frankconway

So…..you’ve got a do to attend, want to look smart and turn to the collective for advice with one week’s notice.
    Good luck 🙄

@frankconway – I know how to look smart, I just want a handy shop for some threads. It’s doable in 24 hours, so a week is a luxury

Teetosugars
    Free Member

So…..you’ve got a do to attend, want to look smart and turn to the collective for advice with one week’s notice.
    Good luck 🙄

It could almost be one of Renton’s threads..

ElShalimo

Just go to House of Fraser in Manchester and treat yourself to a nice lunch whilst in town

Manchester – shopping – I’m in Matlock/(Darley Dale), it’s hardly convenient…

ElShalimo

Drive to Buxton, get the train. It’s easy and not that far.
    If you really must have a new outfit for the function, you’re going to have to go somewhere to buy stuff so you might as well go somewhere where you can get it all one visit

I know how to get to Manchester, but thanks

Drac
    lunge

I’d second (third?) Slaters. Good value, reasonable selection and they’ll happily make changes to fit for free if needed.

£245 for a waistcoat! Think I’ll pass Drac

Drac

You could skip the waistcoat. 8)

aP
    Free Member

Universal Works there’ll be a shop that sells it somewhere in the north 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I used to work at Ede & Ravenscroft. Very nice clobber, although I suspect a little out of the desired price range.

You’d be caught between Edinburgh and Oxford too: https://shop.edeandravenscroft.com/pages/stores

Good shout aP – quite like this…

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Gentlemens outfitter recommendations’ is closed to new replies.