Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gent – Wevelgem Sportive
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Anyone know what the website for this is?

I’ve hunted the Interweb but keep getting sites about the pro race the following day. My suspicion is that it’s only in Dutch and French which is maybe why it doesn’t make it very high up the search engine rankings.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

[/url]

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers, although I’m maybe missing something, but that just looks like a scan of a poster. Can’t see any actual links on it? Is it just me being thick?

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Soz mate this is what your looking for I think [/url]

Me and the missus are going over for Flanders & Roubaix

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

That link isn’t working for me but it’s Flanders classics.be or proximus challenge.be you’re after you should be able find what you’re after if you search them ?

kennyp
    Free Member

Yup, looks like the site is down at the moment but I’ll check again later. Thanks for the replies.

Flanders and Roubaix are both brilliant. Roubaix is the most pain I’ve ever been in on a bike. I know those two statements contradict each other a bit, but that’s the spring classics for you.

We’re slowly working through them all, G-W will be our fifth hopefully.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

The sites up I’ve just been on it it’s probably my links aren’t working try this one [/url]

This is our first time and we can’t wait we’re going for ten days, we haven’t signed up for the sportive’s yet not sure whether to just do as much riding as we can while we’re there instead ?

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

I think I know what mean now it’s the sportive site that is down

kennyp
    Free Member

Definitely do the sportives (you don’t have to do the full distance and for Flanders particularly I’d give the long one a miss). The atmosphere on both is great. And watch the pro races the next days too. Ideally with beers and chips and mayo.

For Flanders it’s worth doing some of the climbs the day before as they get really busy on the day. The Koppenberg is usually unrideable n the day of the sportive.

Digger90
    Free Member

The Koppenberg isn’t unrideable if you enter the full distance as by the time you get there the folks that entered the shorter distances will have cleared away. At least they have by the time I get there, but maybe I’m slow (9hrs for the full 250kms).

You read some people saying don’t bother riding the proper long course because all the hills come in the latter part of the course, too many people, blah blah… to my mind, if you’re gonna do the Ronde, you do the Ronde. Anything less than the full length and you’re just kidding yourself. And you’re missing out on the whole point of doing it in the first place.

I’ve done it 3 times – loved every single second of it, although very painful every year.

leffeboy

but that just looks like a scan of a poster. Can’t see any actual links on it?

yep it really seems to be just a scan and its not language dependant or geolocated as I’m surfing from Belgium. No idea what’s going on there

oldgit
    Free Member

Going to roll over the course Saturday, possibly Friday if we’re there early. If we do the organised ride just doing the 140km not bothering with the 200km. Riding out to the race with a local club starting in Merelbeke.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gent – Wevelgem Sportive’ is closed to new replies.