Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Genesis Volare
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Hmmm looking tasty.

Details here, http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/madison-genesis-volare-953-first-look-36202/

Reynolds 953 steel, U23 race team to test it. It’ll be very interesting to see the results as the season kicks off. Hats off to Genesis on this one.

mrmo
    Free Member

i dread to think what it will retail for though.

I think it is very nice though

ahwiles
    Free Member

probably similar to / less than many plastic frames…

funny thing: you could probably say that i’ve got a bit of a steel obsession, but i don’t like the shiny shiny, it should be eye catching though and that’s maybe half the point of a team bike…

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Well the Equilibrium-ti is £1500 so you’d expect it to be more than that given the Cotic and Pipedreams experiments with 953 MTB frames. Pity as I really fancy one.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Looks lovely. I don’t really go in for the classic steel thing but this is an exception.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Argh, inline seatpost!

Fair play for making a steel race worthy frame for the team.

But it’ll cost loads no doubt. A custom build Rourke will probably be cheaper.

I wonder if they’ll do a more basic version at a similar price to the Equilibrium?

Also, I cant see any rack mounts?!?!?!

gaffney
    Free Member

Was talking to Dom from Genesis at the bike show today – the prototype bike is bloody lovely. I talked to him just as he was just putting the bike on the display having commuted to the show on it!

Moda have a similar 953 framed bike retailing for £2k, weights in at about 16lb, which is about par with carbon and ti at that price. Can’t wait to see some MTBs built with those tubes.

mrmo
    Free Member

WTF!!! are you for real!!!!!

It is a race frame!!!!

Digger90
    Free Member

WTF!!! are you for real!!!!!

It is a race frame!!!!

Quite!

Looking at many of the posts from the “new-to-road-biking-and/or-Cyclocross” members on STW sometimes I get the impression they believe every road or CX bike should have rack mounts. WTF for????

oxym0r0n

BB86 🙄

IanW
    Free Member

In the market for a new road bike, this is worryingly the first that appeals.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Volare’ is closed to new replies.