Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Genesis Vagabond vs On One Inbred
  • puffnut
    Free Member

Am wanting to make a monster cross bike out of parts I already have. Just need a suitable frame. I’m looking at the Genesis Vagabond but also interested in the on one inbred. Leaning towards the vagabond as the head tube angle seems to be more slack which should help with control off-road a bit with drops. Salsa Fargo would be perfect but just too expensive. Anyone have any experience of these two bikes?

Marin
    Free Member

Rode an onone for about 10 years maybe. Nailed everything from cross country to downhilling. Currently becoming a cheap tourer pub bike. No idea about the others.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

The 456evo has a slacker head tube angle than the standard 456 and Inbred. My evo’s pretty slack with 5″ forks, I presume a cross bike would be ridgid?

puffnut
    Free Member

Marin does your inbred have drops on, if so do you feel you have enough control on tricky descents.

Yes it would be a rigid bike, which is why I was looking at the inbred.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’d imagine the headtube length on the Vagabond will be considerably more than the Inbred. You’d probably need a load of spacers on the Inbred to recreate the same bar drop as the Vaga.

puffnut
    Free Member

Yes i suppose that would make quite a difference! Its very frustrating that there’s hardly anywhere in my area (south west) that stocks the vagabond for me to have a sit on. I don’t want to be sitting on my arse too much.

addy6402

Selling a large purple vagabond frameset in Birmingham v.soon…(sorry)

puffnut
    Free Member

hmmm how tall are you? I’m 5’11”, wasn’t sure about medium or large?

puffnut
    Free Member

Also how much would you be looking to sell it for?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member
    the00
    Free Member

Vagabonds in stock at Ralph Coleman in Taunton I think.

I think that would be a better option for drop bars. But what about a kaffenback?

puffnut
    Free Member

Okay thanks for that.

I like the kaffenback, but I was looking for something a little more mountain bikey than that.

benman
    Free Member

There has been an Inbred monster cross knocking round on Ebay for a while… looks a bargain (not my advert!)

clicky

puffnut
    Free Member

That looks very nice! I have most of the components though so looking for a frame set, good inspiration though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Vagabond vs On One Inbred’ is closed to new replies.