Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Genesis Tarn owners to the forum pretty please!!
  • beagle
    Free Member

Liking the look of a basic Tarn to be upgradable over time. To be used alongside 150mm susser. Essentially for solo adventures, carrying kids, riding with wife, rare trail centre usage etc.

Any user input? I note the carbon fork this year.

How is clearance with a 29er tyre? Genesis have told me 29×2.25 is max. The 29er tarn is stocked with a 2.25 ardent. Anyone gone any bigger?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My lbs has them for 800 quid, albeit 650b version.

Tarn

confused58

Hi,
    I have a 2016 Tarn frame, built up as 650b+ and used for both bimbling and trail riding and have found it a fun bike, not fast uphill but great down.

I started with the rigid ali fork which was surprisingly good, but added a Yari and dropper which make it great for trail riding, but in hindsight as I have a FS bike, I’d have left the rigid fork on.

Can’t comment on the clearance with 29″ wheels, but the clearance for 3″ Nobby Nics is OK for all but the caggiest mud.

£800 sounds like a good deal!

beagle
    Free Member

Cheers Both. Like the colour of the 2016 actually.

No data for frame only weight – be nice to compare it to other choices. Only, frame fork, headset, clamp on the web pages. I do plan to get a nice 29er wheelset in the future.

Hmmm.

drovercycles
    Free Member

We have a 2017 29er on the shop floor so I just went and had a look at the clearance. Loads of room in the back with 2.25″ tyre – I’d be surprised if a 2.4″ on a wide rim wouldn’t fit in there with plenty of mud clearance. I’d certainly be happy running one myself.

Genesis make the bike though, so you should probably take their word over mine…

toppers3933
    Free Member

I fitted 2.4 conti trail kings and there was plenty of room.
    I know of a large 2017 rolling chassis going cheap if you’re interested.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Tarn owners to the forum pretty please!!’ is closed to new replies.