Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Genesis Question
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Do any of the frames (Altitude or IO) have rack mounts?

Cheers

BlobOnAStick

IO does.

mk1fan
    Free Member

The Alfine bike version does but the frame only option doesn’t – well that’s how I read it from their website last week.

topangarider
    Free Member

Thats good cos they’re the 2 I was looking at for the cycle2work thing.

Any thoughts on the 2 bikes?

takisawa2

My mates loves his IO (Frame only).
    Reckons its as good as his Soul.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Neither my iO or my Altitude 853 frame have them but from memory the iO ID and the 520 framed Altitudes (00 and 10 models) do.

RDL-82
    Free Member

i have an 09 IO (complete bike) and it has no rack mounts

enmac
    Free Member

And I thought you wanted to discuss the merits of the Peter Gabriel vs Phil Collins eras. Definitely the former.

Watty

Nonsense, the first 2 albums after Gabriel left were fantastic – Collins did the vocals but didn’t have any/much <cough> creative input.

BlobOnAStick

Oops. I meant the IOID does (the latest Green one with the Alfine).

As for reviews, there have been plenty, not all complimentary about the Alfine hub. I think the conclusion is that it’s ‘horses for courses’

Ben

topangarider
    Free Member

Ok, so the IOID does, but the IO doesn’t.

Just another for discussion – why do the altitudes have under-downtube cable routing? What a stupid thing for an alleged ‘British specific’ bike!

a11y

Just another for discussion – why do the altitudes have under-downtube cable routing? What a stupid thing for an alleged ‘British specific’ bike!

The 2007-model Altitudes have top-tube cable routing, but the 2008 and 2009 ones have it along the down-tube. Cables on my 2008 Altitude work just as well as my wife’s 2007 model, don’t see any problem with it.

Downtube routing: less sections of outer cable (2 vs 3), slightly shorter cable run, where the cable enters the rear-most cable run is more protected being on the chainstay and not the seatstay. Doesn’t interfere with a crud catcher either. What’s not to like?

topangarider
    Free Member

The ends of the outers are under the bike where most of the wet can get to them – my experience of this set up is the cables last a lesser period of time. Full cable outers running shifters to mechs is much better – and well lubed there is no noticeable increase in friction.

Just my thoughts.

enmac
    Free Member

Nonsense, the first 2 albums after Gabriel left were fantastic – Collins did the vocals but didn’t have any/much <cough> creative input.

A year ago I would have agreed with you – And Then There Were Three – is a great album, but nowadays I find myself mostly listening to Foxtrot and Selling England by the Pound, probably the zenith of progressive rock.

james-o
    Free Member

i wonder why so many uk brands stick to TT routing tbh…after 3 winters in the claggy wet chilterns with DT cables, i’m convinced. seems illogical but in practice it works well enough that a local rider + tester (who rides a lot more than most) had his custom seven specced this way.
    it does seem counter-intuitive but i think many TT routed bikes are that way out of habit or momentum more than for reasons of actual performance. full outers are another way to do it, but in my exp moisture ingress means they get draggy and need attention sooner than the exposed cable / less outer / more direct DT route.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Question’ is closed to new replies.