Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Genesis production batch delayed/recalled?
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

I'm currently waiting for a Genesis Day One cross on the cycle to work scheme.

It's taken almost a month up to this point, whilst Halfords have been providing a variety of excuses and reasons for delay (it's listed for delivery tomorrow, it's got to come from our supplier etc.).

So today I ask for a definite lead time and get told that Genesis have recalled or pulled a production batch for some quality reason.

Does anyone know whether this has any basis in fact or have Halfords ballsed up the order and we're now starting from day one ('scuse the pun)?

Matt

Mister-P
    Free Member

Halfords are not a Genesis dealer, they will not be getting it direct from the importer. This may explain the delay. There has not been a recall or a quality issue with that bike.

charliedontsurf

Halfords eh.

DaddyPig
    Free Member

email genesis and find out. they respond very quickly. mail
    through their website

spyke85
    Free Member

We are waiting for these to come in at work. Think they are due in April. Nothing new really. First batch sold out.

zaskar
    Free Member

Sat on a red 853 Altitude on Saturday-a friend was test riding it and a very nice bike it was.

wwaswas

Mister P is probably as close to Genesis as anyone on here – if he says no recall then there's no recall.

I'd guess Halfords are just making excuses – would be interesting to see what they say if you tell them the importer says that Halfords are telling you porkies?

edit: if I were genesis I'd be pretty pee'd off with Halfords for blaming quality control issues for delays – how many other people have been told the same and bought something else as a result?

spyke85
    Free Member

I'd be annoyed if I was Genesis too.

Grr at Halfords!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Next delivery of drop bar Day 01 are due middle of March.

james-o
    Free Member

Thanks Halfords… don't know where they got that info from, out of thin air perhaps. Probably struggling to source it as we don't supply Halfords. I'm not sure where they get them from, but they seem to have a few retailers willing to supply them any brands but it seems to be a patchy supply.

J0N
    Free Member

Matt_bl
    Where are you based? Might not help now if you have submitted your voucher but Alpine Bikes in Scotland are Genesis Dealers and they except Halfords vouchers.
    FWIW the drop bar Day One (orange frame) is a really lovely bike.

GaryLake
    Free Member

If you're really desperate, could try getting a flat bar one in and doing the conversion to drop bar via classifieds or something?

epicyclo

There was one on display in Alpine Bikes in Inverness a few days ago…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Genesis production batch delayed/recalled?’ is closed to new replies.