Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Genesis longitude alternative
  • justridemtb
    Free Member

So after waiting 18 months for the bike to work scheme I’ve been told there are none in small and the line is being discontinued. Any alternatives that the hive can recommend. £1000 budget. I’m getting fed up looking and close to remaining at N bikes

justridemtb
    Free Member

Needs to be complete bike

steezysix
    Free Member

Marin Pine Mountain, Bombtrack Beyond Plus or Surly Troll would all be good options, not sure if they come in under £1000 though? Shame you can’t get the Longitude though, it’s a smashing bike!

sv

Tarn?
    Stooge?

MSP
    burko73

2016 models usually at decent prices.

Edit – actually I ended up getting mine new for £800 all,in 2017 model. Prob not much more than you’d end up paying on the bike to work scheme assuming you’re not in the top tax bracket.

holdsteady

Pinnacle Ramin 3+ from Evans has had some glowing reviews

http://bearbonesbikepacking.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/ramin-3-review.html

shermer75
    Free Member

That Ramin looks niiice..

MSP

That ramin doesn’t look to have all the rack and mudguard mounts that I would expect in an equivalent bike (might not matter to the op). Seems strange to put cage mounts on the forks then leave out all the other usual mounting points on the frame.

SimonR

One of these perhaps …

Sonder Frontier

Looks like they cover various schemes too …

https://www.alpkit.com/support/stickies/cycle-to-work-schemes

justridemtb
    Free Member

Good shout on Alpkit. Thanks

officerfriendly
    Free Member

That Alpkit Frontier looks fantastic, just wish it was steel or carbon! 🙁 Broken Road looks great, but way out of my price budget.

firestarter
    Free Member

Another recommendation for the ramin, lovely bike to ride

Usual pic 😉

montgomery
    Free Member

I’d look at the hub/dropout spec on the Frontier before buying one – who else is making the hubs and skewers to go with them? Not sure what the hub spec is on the Ramin but it looks like a good buy.

jameso

Not sure what the hub spec is on the Ramin

QR 135/100, SB hubs can be swapped to thru-axle either end if swapping wheelsets between this bike and another or upgrading the forks.

montgomery
    Free Member

That’d swing it for me over the Frontier.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Genesis longitude alternative’ is closed to new replies.