Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • genesis longitude
  • middleagedmadness
    Free Member

hi about to order one on Saturday , just wondering what the real life reviews are .I know there was a thread a couple of months back but most owners had only just got theirs , so really would like to know how everybody is getting on with them, also anybody tried surly moloko bars
    cheers
    stuart

steezysix
    Free Member

Do it! I cannot say enough good things about this bike, loaded or unloaded it is great to ride, nice and stable but still fun on technical terrain. It’s rigid obviously, so there’s a limit to what you can do with it but I’ve been surprised how capable it is. It’s my first “plus” bike and the extra cushion of the tyres means you don’t get too beaten up on long rides.

The stock bars were a bit too wide, I trimmed them to 720mm and silicon grips on for extra comfort. I also tried the On One OG bars but couldn’t quite get them set up right, I will have another go at some point. I would like a set of Jones bars but the price puts me off!

Otherwise the only other change I made is to have a dynamo built into the front wheel. The fact they specced 100mm/135mm hub spacing means there’s no funny standards to worry about. Rack mounts galore, I used a Specialized pizza rack for a bit, now using Alpamayo designs harness bag which works great.

jimdubleyou

I really want one, but can’t justify it at the moment (about to spend a fortune on building works).

It doesn’t help that they are £200 off in some places now…

faustus

A mate has the 2015 one, 29+, properly sized headtube, and reynolds 725. He loves it and it does ride very well. I’m really impressed with ride quality, weight, and versatility. I’d like one myself, but too attached to front suspension.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    middleagedmadness
    Free Member

yours does look mint steezy, been looking for a while now , can get bike and ortilieb 15l handle bar bag for 660 on c2w with no final payment , mainly want it for bridleway bashing and commuting up he canal to work , and dip my toe into bikepacking in the new year,cheers for the replies

survivor

I know my 2015 isn’t exactly the same bike but steezysix makes it sound like the new ones ride the same. Loaded, unloaded, dawdling or giving it some down a bit of single-track. It does it all….

Best bike I’ve ever owned 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘genesis longitude’ is closed to new replies.