Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Genesis Latitude v Cube Ltd SL v Pinnacle Iroko 3
  • woodstock44
    Free Member

With a budget of £1,300, I am looking for a new 27.5 hardtail to replace my 10 year old Genesis Core 10. The three bikes in my shortlist are:

Genesis Latitude – £1,600 but £1,300 in the sale.
    Cube Ltd SL – £1,150
    Pinnacle Iroko 3 – £1,250 but £1,000 in the sale.

The biking I normally do us probably best described as cross country, 20 to 30 mile rides around the South Pennines. I’ve never been to a trail centre, but would like to would like to Give them a go at some stage. Also, a coast to coast ride could be on the cards.

The Cube is probably best suited to my needs, but I’ve heard great reports about the ride quality of the steel Genesis. Then the staff at Evans highly recommended the Pinnacle, but is this too trail orientated?

Any thoughts?

coomber
    Free Member

My lbs has a genesis in cheaper than that. Think they have it for 1199 but with haggle room (Soanes cycles in Colyton but will post).

I’d say genesis for sure but the iroko is absolute class as well. Build quality is brilliant and a great long top tube. Really fun riding.

woodstock44
    Free Member

That’s a good price for the Genesis, thanks for the info. XC speed is not essential to me. I’m looking for a bike to cover quite long distances, but also having some fun along the way. I am edging towards the steel Genesis.

coomber
    Free Member

Not a fan of the cube to be honest, the finish on those i’ve seen hasn’t always been the best. They don’t hold their value much either which makes me think they aren’t seen as that desirable.

The genesis willbe class. The iroko is really nicely finished as well and has some great reviews online. Either of those two will be great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Latitude v Cube Ltd SL v Pinnacle Iroko 3’ is closed to new replies.