Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Genesis Latitude 853 Fork travel?
  • RustyMac

I am looking to buy an Genesis Latitude 853 but need to know the fork travel these frames can handle. I can’t seem to find any info on the Genesis site for these frames or the Alpitude which i may need to go for.

I have some old ’06 130mm U-Turn Revs and eventually will be replacing these with some 2010 150mm Revs when i get them repaired/upgraded. Obviously the newer revs can be spaced down to 130 as well but do not go lower.

woody2000

100-140mm, though if it’s anything like (which it probably isn’t!) the old Altitude 853 then 120/130 was about the sweet spot IMO. Had some 100-120-140 Talas on mine and it felt a bit “wrong” at 140

Info on Genesis blog

s-keeper

What woody said. If you are ‘looking to buy’ I’m ‘looking to sell’ a small Latitude 853 frame.

Andy

RustyMac

Cheers Woody, hadn’t realised if I kept scrolling down older and older stuff appeared.

S-keeper, is it one of the 44mm head tube ones? I have found a new one at a fantastic price so please don’t be offended if I decline on your offer.

RustyMac

Any of the late shift have any opinions on the Latitude Alpitude frames.

s-keeper

It does have a 44mm head-tube, yes. Not offended, I’d prefer to keep it until the BFE is back in stock, or I decide on a full sus frame. Can I ask what price you’ve been offered new?

RustyMac

I’ve seen one for £250

mboy
    Free Member

Tried my Altitude with a 130mm Revelation for a while, but it felt a bit tall, slack and wandery at the front.

Replaced it with a 120mm Reba (actually almost 20mm shorter a2c than the Revelation) and it handles superbly.

s-keeper

That’s a great price. I got mine for £360 but that’s when it wasn’t discontinued.

It’s a great frame, its just that its a bit big for me. Small Soul/BFE is about half an inch shorter reach at the same travel. Though with much slacker seat angle.

RustyMac

I pulled the trigger on the Latitude yesterday afternoon, if any one else is interested the link to where i got mine is below.

http://www.thebikechain.co.uk/Genesis-Latitude-853-Frame-16%22-201211140414/

TBC’s online shop seems to be pretty accurate with the stock they have and i’m pretty sure the one left is the last one they have.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Latitude 853 Fork travel?’ is closed to new replies.