Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Genesis IO Your thoughts. Quick!
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

might go and look at an Io in an hour. What do you lot think of them? SS version.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Got an IOID – the same bike with a sus fork ( now rigid) and a alfine. It does what is claims to be – nice basic steel MTB

downshift

SS here with 100mm Fox forks. Lovely through the woods, and great for messing around with the kids on.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ta. Off to look now. If it fits it’s mine.

geoffj

Great bikes. Some folk have had issues with the grub screws in the rear dropout, but otherwise they are faultless.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nice, decent spec, good looking, but nothing special. Heavy as standard at about 26.5lb. Standard tyres are heavy and draggy. Rides fine, but again, nothing special, there’s just no ‘sparkle’ or ‘fun’ to them. Does the job but instantly forgettable. An Inbred is a better SS IMO. Paint finish not very tough.

paul78
    Free Member

I loved my IO … I do admit that I somewhat upgraded the spec but was always the bike I prefered to ride and take on trips..

Mister-P
    Free Member

I am on my 4th one. Every time I think I need to thin out the fleet the iO is the first to go then I regret selling it and buy another. My current version is standard apart from upgrading the BR-M486 brakes to a set of Deore 595. It will get a 100mm suspension fork on it at some point as the previous one did and it was most fun.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Here it is with the old brakes on it.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I had one, loved it, sold it because the dropouts seemed incapable of holding the wheel in place – apparently they’ve been beefed up a bit since.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Genesis IO Your thoughts. Quick!’ is closed to new replies.