Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Genesis IO ID 2010 Headset Compatability
  • tallie
    Free Member

Anyone replaced their headset in a 2010 io id?

Will a hope conventional headset like this fit:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19877

If not does anyone know what I do need?

mboy
    Free Member

Any conventional headset is fine on that frame. So take your pick!

tallie
    Free Member

Thanks.

Was there an easy way of finding that out, other than asking a question on here?

I did a bit of googling and the current FSA aheadset seems fairly standard but I couldn’t find a definitive answer.

Does 520 tubing generally use a conventional headset or does it vary by frame / manufacturer?

mboy
    Free Member

Was there an easy way of finding that out, other than asking a question on here?

Erm… Yes/no/maybe, but it didn’t hurt to ask did it! It’s not a stupid question to ask if that’s what you’re angling at…

Does 520 tubing generally use a conventional headset or does it vary by frame / manufacturer?

Frame material is nothing to do with the type of headset used on it. Both are decisions the frame maker will make when designing the frame that are independent of each other.

tallie
    Free Member

I didn’t think it was a particularly stupid question to ask…glad you agree.

I suppose I was looking for a rule of thumb or website to answer that question in future but it would appear asking on here is the easiest solution?

Thanks for your help.

mboy
    Free Member

I suppose I was looking for a rule of thumb or website to answer that question in future but it would appear asking on here is the easiest solution?

Errrr… Be careful there! 😉

In my experience, ask a genuinely sensible question and you might have to wait a while, but someone with some knowledge (though not always 100% correct, but usually at least helpful and well meaning) will come along and give you some input. Ask a silly subjective question like “what tyres” or “hardtail or full sus” and you’re asking for trouble!

Thanks for your help.

No problems, glad to have been able to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Genesis IO ID 2010 Headset Compatability’ is closed to new replies.