Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Genesis Fortitude Fork
  • spyke85
    Free Member

Bought a Genesis Fortitude frame and need to get a fork for it. Standard 1 1/8th steerer, non suspension design. What do people recommend?

Andy-R

Either the Genesis fork that was made for it or a Singular Hummingbird/Gryphon fork. Something 445mm A-C.

sv

Runs ok with 460mm too, I had a carbon on-one on mine (now for sale). Also have an orange Fortitude fork for sale.

guitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve got a 445 mm axle to crown Syncros carbon fork that fits bang on for sale if you’re intrested.
    this one

letmetalktomark

I run a Salsa Cromoto.

It’s 5mm longer than the std Genesis fork but I can’t say its made a difference (for the worse).

I wouldn’t go longer as your defeating the point of having a non suspension corrected frame.

@ Andy … I though the Singular fork had more rake than a std 29er fork to compensate for the larger front wheel in the Hummingbird. I maybe wrong though.

Other options include Exotic, One One do a short carbon fork.

For greater versatility the Surly Pugsley fork (std spacing) is an option or if you have a bigger budget the Jones Unicrown fork is an option but that takes a 135mm spaced hub.

sillyoldman

Hummingbird fork has similar offset to the Jones, but without requiring a dedicated hub. Would make a good choice. (Got a Jones on mine).

ratherbeintobago

Jones Unicrown fork is an option but that takes a 135mm spaced hub.

It’s not just a 135mm hub, IIRC – has to have front brake spacing (Paul WHUB) rather than the more common rear brake spacing (Hope FatSno etc).

miranmtb
    Free Member

Hope does have a fatsno 135 in FSD (Front disc spacing)
    like this http://r2-bike.com/HOPE-Nabe-front-Pro-II-2-EVO-Fatsno-FDS-Schnellspanner-135-mm-238g

spyke85
    Free Member

Sv – what frame size did you run it in? The Fortitude fork. Interested

sv

The orange fork was bought new for a rigid 26er project that never happened, used it twice on a commie maxmax. Originally wanted a Pipedream Infinity fork but they sold all they had then discovered Gensis were selling the Fortitude fork separately. I have a 19inch Fortitude, changing the carbon one back to the original black steel one. Email in profile if you want photos etc.

john_l
    Free Member

It’s not just a 135mm hub, IIRC – has to have front brake spacing (Paul WHUB) rather than the more common rear brake spacing (Hope FatSno etc).

I happen to have a Unicrown & front wheel for sale (Flow/fatback)

Hope now also do a front hub that fits without spacers.

ratherbeintobago

I stand corrected about the Hope FatSno hubs – I assume the FDS ones are a recent introduction?

john_l
    Free Member

Yup.

Andy-R

letmetalktomark – Member

@ Andy … I though the Singular fork had more rake than a std 29er fork to compensate for the larger front wheel in the Hummingbird. I maybe wrong though.

It’s got 55mm offset to reduce the trail a bit and make a 29″ wheel steer a bit better – it works extremely well on the Hummingbird, which I reckon is a wonderful handling bike, so why not on anything else with a 29″ wheel?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Fortitude Fork’ is closed to new replies.