Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Genesis Equilibrium
  • wors

Does anyone have one? How do you rate it?

ahwiles
    Free Member

bloody lovely.

ok, i’ll try and be more helpfull…

i got ‘the black one’ last year, the frame is very nice, it’s light, stiffish, springyish, and beautiful to look at.

the components are a bit on the cheap side (things like brake calipers), but everything works well.

there’s loads of room for big tyres and mudguards if you want,

it’s a joy to ride, even on Sheffield’s terrible roads, it’s the one bike that i’m very happy with, i wouldn’t swap it for anything else.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ve got one. Really like it. It’s comfy, feels stable at speed and is quite reassuringly nimble when it needs to be. Probably not ideal for a proper whippet but great for an occasional roadie like me.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They look like a good “mountain bikers road bike”

I’d probably get something from Planet X or similar though, better VFM.

Flash
    Free Member

I got a black one in the sales for £750, great frame but relatively cheap bits. The wheels will be the first to go.

wors

it’s a joy to ride, even on Sheffield’s terrible roads

Thats mainly the reason i was looking for, just been for a 50 miler and the state of the roads are shocking, my ageing aluminium giant just can’t cope!

Bregante

These are top of my list when I sell my Croix de Fer.

wors

I’m dead set on one now BUT the 10 or 20. I haven’t seen one in the flesh but the colour of the 10 looks lovely, much nicer than the red of the 20. Is tiagra comparable with 105? I’ve got 105 on my giant now but it’s probably around 4 years old.

Bregante

Depending what sze you’re after there’s a brand new size 58 equilibrium 10 in black on eBay for £700

oxnop
    Free Member

Did 60 miles around the dales yesterday morning on mine. I have the ‘top of the range’ 😀 ready built version in cherry red. I love it.

It’s got a 105 groupset which is basic but for commuting and the odd training ride it’s fine.

To put it in perspective my previous bike was a Dura Ace equipped titanium Merlin Metalworks which weighed around 16lbs, this ‘budget’ bike with full guards weighs 21lbs . Guess which on I prefer…… The big G

wors

Thanks guys, I have to say, lithe more I look at the cherry red the more I’m liking it.

wallop

I got a cherry red frame for £239 last year and built it up myself, mavic open pros, second hand ultegra, love it.

lowey

Give me your Kona to make you feel better about spending the money.

fishandchips
    Free Member

It’s a cracking bike, comfy and decent weight. If you can handle a short wait, there’s a ti version with 105 on the way for just north of £2k

wors

Give me your Kona to make you feel better about spending the money.

No.

steelfan
    Free Member

Hey wors, I have one in 56cm built with Campag and love it! I also have a 54cm frame available for sale if your interested. Its the cherry red version by the way.

wors

steelfan – Member
    Hey wors, I have one in 56cm built with Campag and love it! I also have a 54cm frame available for sale if your interested. Its the cherry red version by the way.

POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Cheers, I’d be after a 56 though

lowey

No.

Call yourself a mate ?? tsk tsk.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Equilibrium’ is closed to new replies.