Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Genesis Day One Cross alternatives
  • BristolPablo
    Free Member

quite fancy one of the above but it doesnt have rack or mudguard mounts which is a bit of an oversight imho. does anyone make something similar in terms of spec and price which does feature the aforementioned mounts?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Spesh Tricross Single?

Any of Brant’s offerings?- Kaffenbak/ Pompino?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Are you sure about that? Pic here seems to show the relevant lugs and I’ve seen a number about with rack and guards fitted.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alfabus
    Free Member

that’s a day one alfine… they appear to be different frames from the day one cross – no lugs on the day one cross from the picture.

Dave

edit, scrap that – they are different frames, but still seem to have some eyes:

Click to make big

glupton1976
    Free Member

Look again at the picture.

My day one cross has both mudguards and a rack on it.

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve got the alfine 8 one, and it does have all the mounting eyes, but there is bugger all clearance between a 35c tyre and the fork crown…. not enough room for a finger, let alone a mudguard.

Dave

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Pretty sure it’s the same frame and the Cross does have eyelets in the pic. I’ve used spacers and slightly longer bolts to fit both rack and guards to my Surly 1×1 which also has a single set of eyelets on the dropout. You could use a Salsa rack-lock if you wanted an extra pair of eyelets on the seatstay, or again just use longer bolts.

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/m13b104s204p8365/SALSA_Rack-Lock_Seatclamp/RS_GB/22376

BristolPablo
    Free Member

thanks, problem solved, looks like the day one cross does have mounts… i’m sure i can bodge something to fit guard wise…

organic355
    Free Member

kinesis crosslight pro 6

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Day One Cross alternatives’ is closed to new replies.