Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Genesis Day 01 Alfine
  • fibre
    Free Member

Cheers jameso, the 853 version should drop a smidgen off that too. Does anyone have the full bike weight for the Alfine 11 version?. I’m guessing it’s going to be 25+ lbs, I think I would be tempted to go OTT and replace most of it to get the weight down a bit and the look I want (retro modern). Would be nice if it was available as frame only.

daleftw
    Free Member

I want my Day01 Alfine 11 weighing next time I’m in the shop, so I’ll post up then.

I had my first proper ride on it on Sunday up at Kielder – It feels heavy when you pick it up, but I didn’t notice it at all when I was on the bike, I climbed surprisingly well on it.

I agree about the Versa shifters, not getting on with them at all. Just feel cheap and I don’t like the shifting action on them.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I’ve got a Pompetamine Versa 8, and it is indeed a heavy thing, I suspect mostly because of the concentrated weight of the rear hub. If the weather is nice, I would of course much rather be riding my light road bike.

However, if the weather is crap (as indeed it mostly has been this summer), then it’s a zero maintenance bike (hose off and lube the chain). I use it as a summer “bridleway” bike, and a bad weather road bike. It’s pretty good fun on the twisty bits with the cross tyres it has fitted.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Day 01 Alfine’ is closed to new replies.