Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Genesis Datum sizing
  • prezet
    Free Member

So I don’t have a local dealer who has these in stock to try… I’m 5’11” with a 31″ inside leg. Longer torso. I’m torn between the M or L frames.

Anyone else own one can help with which size might be better?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Is that 31″ cycling inseam (book and wall method), or your inside leg trouser measurement?

My Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc is the 58cm, which has 388mm reach and 610mm stack IIRC. I’m 5’10” with ~32.5″ cycling inseam.

For the Datum, it looks like the large is 495mm reach and 602mm stack, while the medium is 385mm reach and 585mm stack. I would choose the large, for the extra stack and higher front end, to relieve pressure on my lower back.

prezet
    Free Member

Is that 31″ cycling inseam (book and wall method), or your inside leg trouser measurement?

Good point, it’s my inside leg trouser measurement.

gummikuh

I am 180cm tall and run a large datum, but it is a tiny bit big, not a problem but a medium would probably have been better, I am stretched but a shorter stem would help if I could be bothered.
    Where are you, you can try mine if you are local?

breninbeener

Im 5’8″ with 30″ inside leg. I have a medium. I have only just built it. It seems ok with 110mm stem, but the Cambium saddle looks a long way forwards, but seems fine. When i was shopping for a bike, the salesman said he thought i would be a small…but that appeared a little too small for me.

StuE
    Free Member

I am same the height as you but have a 32″ inside leg, I went for a medium with a shorter stem than stock (90mm)

lawman91

Genesis sizing is very odd these days, you basically have to go a size down from what you would normally ride. I’m 6ft 1ish with a 32″ inside leg and ride a medium and find it spot on, Large felt way to big for me. A Medium with a 100mm stem would be a good bet.

preseli
    Free Member

I’m 6ft with a 31” inside leg. I like a reasonable standover clearance. What do you guys think? S or M?

How do you guys find the standover clearance?

Any recommendations on mudguards?

Are the fulcrum wheels much better than the wheels on the 10 and 20?

Thanks in advance

happybiker
    Free Member

I’m 6’and wear 32″ trousers and have a medium with 110mm stem, fit is good and I don’t feel stretched out at all. Have more seatpost showing than a traditional road bike which is how it’s intended I think.

For mudguards I’ve tried Raceblades, they rattled and rubbed so fitted SKS Bluemels and they’re brilliant, silent and decent coverage.

preseli
    Free Member

Think I’ll try a medium. Now to decide on 10, 20 or 30 . 2017 or 2018?

I do like green though

preseli
    Free Member

6ft with a inside leg between 31-32” medium is spot on for reference.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Datum sizing’ is closed to new replies.