Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Genesis Datum frame build mystery
  • breninbeener

I have a bnib Datum to build for some summer adventures. I know it can be di2 or mechanical and i have a 105 mechanical cable disc groupset for it……

However there is a bewildering array of rubber grommets, v long black tubes, and ferrules that i havnt benn able to assign jobs to.

Can anyone help? Ive built several bikes before with external routing but this is completely mystifying me.

I emailed Genesis, i got the v helpful ‘take it to a bike shop’ reply….

Thanks

breninbeener

Im struggling to put pics on….so if anyone fancies seeing the pic of parts i have, my email is breninbeenerATgmailDOTcom

Thanks

GregMay
    Free Member

Why not – take it to a bike shop.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    breninbeener

Well i didnt buy it from them so i would feel a little rude. I also quite like to be self sufficient….though i appreciate asking on a forum is somewhat of a contradiction

wwaswas

my guess is the grommets and ferules are for the holes and the tubes are for the internal routing of the cables?

happybiker
    Free Member

When I got mine as a frame only I built it using those plastic guides in the chainstay and headtube shown above, the long tube thing is for the front mech and fits behind the bb. A week after building it 18 bikes sent me a bag of extra grommets which don’t seem to be of any use, perhaps di2?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I emailed Genesis, i got the v helpful ‘take it to a bike shop’ reply….

Can you not email the shop you bought it from?

In fairness, Genesis are not a direct sales brand so generally won’t be set up for customer queries, that’s what their dealer network is there for.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can always pay a shop.

Or sort the pics out?

gummikuh

I have a datum, if you are local you are welcome to use it as a reference?

STATO
    Free Member

breninbeener – email me a pic of the parts and ill help identify where i can. I converted my Datum from geared to Di2 so ive been through the struggle of that internal routing! email in profile

breninbeener

@stato….email sent thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Datum frame build mystery’ is closed to new replies.