• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Sim.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Genesis cx sizing advice
  • jms456
    Free Member

Appreciate the best advice is always to test ride but not in a position to do that and have seen one of these on offer recently (geometry chart at bottom) –

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/cyclocross/cyclocross/vapour-cx/vapour-cx-10

I am 6ft with an inseam of just over 34inches and am just getting back into cycling after many years. I used to do mountain biking and have not had a drop bar bike since I was a kid and don’t really know how to size them.

I have compared with other CX makes eg. Boardman and Pinnacle where they give rider height details and I seem to be a large although a medium is not that far off.

So I’m just after a bit of clarification on a few things –

1) am I right in assuming a medium would mean lower handlebar to relative seat height but less stretch whereas the large would mean more stretch but a handlebar closer to the seat height

2) if 1) then assuming I am in my 50s and not particularly flexible which is better ie. to be a bit more stretched or to have to bend a bit more to reach the bars relatively speaking.

3) Just how difficult would it be to “compensate” ie. shorter or longer stems etc. as the reach figures for the medium and large do not seem that drastically different.

As I say I am veering towards the large but that may be because the bike on offer is that size 🙂 and if a medium would be a better fit I’ll pass.

Also if there are any people with Genesis CX bikes (the Croix de fer has almost identical geometry) would love to hear from them.

Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks

Sim

Go large. I’m 5’10” with a 31″ inseam and have a medium Vapour20 which is a great fit for me but if I was any taller I’d be looking at a large.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Genesis cx sizing advice’ is closed to new replies.