Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Genesis core 50 2011 opinions…or are you all steel purists?
  • twobob
    Free Member

anyone got one? anyone love one? anyone hate one? anyone ride one secretly but tell everyone on here they ride a super slack steelie?

I like the **** you welding and the sturdy front end and i must be the only person who likes the brown writing

andrewy

Hi, not Core 50, but Core 30, ’09. It’s a great bike, perfect handling, not too heavy but feels pretty sturdy. At the risk of sounding like an advert, it really does feel designed for uk riding. The new 50 looks great I’d certainly have one. You won’t be disappointed.

petewon
    Free Member

I had the 40 (09 I think) and realy loved it until it got stolen. Quite a well speccd bike for the money.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Im interested in peoples views on these 2.This or a Whyte 901/905?

tomaso
    Free Member

I built up a Core frame and Tora forks for my wife out of old bits in the garage. I’ve ridden it a couple of times when my bike has been out of action and although its too small for me its a hoot to ride. I had far more fun on the Core than on my last alu hardtail which was an mmmBop. The mmmBop was too harsh and the Core seemed to be a bit easier in terms of trail buzz.

sssimon
    Free Member

we sell both, the choice between the two has almost always come down to sram vs shimano at a given pricepoint. On frame alone the whyte has a much more compliant ride, the core has a much stiffer front end. Looks wise the whyte is a more modern looking machine

not a lot to call between the two really

jameso

I quite liked the brown writing..

twobob
    Free Member

thanks all, I do like the whyte and I’m sure its a bit slicker, theres just something quite industrial about the genesis that gets me. It sounds like everyone has good experiences of them. Thanks again and high five jameso…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Genesis core 50 2011 opinions…or are you all steel purists?’ is closed to new replies.