Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Genesis Core 24 kids bike
  • vinnyeh

Anyone own/ looked at/ fondled/ rejected one of these?
    Wondering what opinions are of them. How it compres to Isla, orbea etc. Spec looks ok, though Acera hasn’t really been on my radar, but I’m assuming it works ok. Can get one for 425, feel that islabikes are now losing vfm, was thinking about building something up from scratch, but can’t really see it costing less.

I see there’s a new whyte kids bike, £900! The market must be booming.

FieldMarshall

I’m also interested in feedback on the Core 24.

Was thinking about sticking suspension forks on a Beinn 24, but by the time I did that and put on decent offroad tyres, I might aswell get the Genesis.

Vinnyeh – Where have you seen it for £425 if I can be so bold.

grizedaleforest

Yes we’ve got one bought Dec 2012 from Wheelbase. Cost £550 back then! It’s and OK bike and my son is still riding it although he’s about to outgrow it.

With hindsight it wasn’t the right bike for us and I wish I’d got a straight Beinn 24 for the type of riding we actually do. It’s quite a heavy bike and you need to be riding ‘proper’ MTB terrain to offset the weight against its strengths of good brakes, gears and a nice riding position.

£425 looks a really good price however.

vinnyeh

Fieldmarshall, Edinburgh bike coop sell them they’ve 15% off everything this weekend only! I think.

Thanks grizedaleforest, I was hoping that weight might be reasonable, the lad’s just turned 7, but he’s 138cm, skinny as a rake though. Might be a bit heavy for him.

FieldMarshall

Cheers Vinnyeh.

Useful feedback. I’m also concerned that it’ll be too heavy for my 8 year old.

Always had Islabikes up until now, but £600+ for the Creig 24 is a bit much.

Might just go for the Beinn 26 small, as most of the riding we do is gravel tracks/easy singletrack. Not sure he’s gonna need suspension forks and 21+ gears at the moment. So no point lugging all that extra weight around.

Sorry for the slight hijack.

Was going to build up a lighweight XS 26in bike, but he’s a bit too small for anything other than the Isla 26 small.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Core 24 kids bike’ is closed to new replies.