Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Genesis Core 10 2010 – Any Good?????
  • deangy
    Free Member

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with the Genesis Core 10? Im in two minds wether to go for that or a Specialized Hard Rock Sport.

It’ll be my first MTB and although Im a complete novice, I know that Specialized bikes are good quality but I know nothing about Genesis bikes!

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance

mboy
    Free Member

Genesis are very good bikes. Same Geometry on the Core as on the Steel Altitude, one of which I have owned for over 2 years.

Specialized are of course very good too, but out of the two I’d go for the Genesis myself.

deangy
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply. I’m mostly going to be using it for an 18 mile commute to and from work over some pretty rough road and the occassional light trial/off road day.

The genesis does seem to have better spec than the specialized too which is obviously better value for money as they are priced the same (£480) in my LBS.

hainman
    Free Member

im on a genesis 20.its a great bike.havnt had any problems with mine and have done everything on it,trail centres,xc,downhill and generaly riding about.,

bawz
    Free Member

Hey deangy, sounds like you’re in the same situation I was in 2 months ago (complete novice, looking for a bike to commute 30 miles a day, and use at trail centres at the weekend). On the recommendation of my brothers, I opted for the current Genesis Core 10 as a decent starter do-it-all bike, that was within my budget. Being a newbie I cant comment on other bikes in the same price bracket, but I’m chuffed to bits with the Core 10, and after hitting Glentress a couple of times I’m completely hooked, the bike seems way more capable than I am, and probably gives me confidence above my skill level. The commute to work was pretty rough to start with (9 miles towpath and 6 miles road/cyclepath), but that was mostly down to the fact I hadn’t done any exercise/sports in over 20 years, and after only a few weeks I felt my level of fitness had drastically improved. The only advice I would give for a long commute on a MTB is to switch the knobblies for semi-slicks, the difference was immediate (I switch to Conti Travel Contacts for the commute thru the week then stick the oem mountainkings back on at the weekend for trails)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Core 10 2010 – Any Good?????’ is closed to new replies.