Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Genesis CDF/Croix Der Fer sizing
  • snownrock

Do they come up large/small?

Looking at a 54cm in classifieds which would seem to be too small for me (180cm/5’11” – 33″ leg) but the geo comes up very close to my ML (53.5cm ‘compact’) Giant Defy which is spot on for me. Going to get to the LBS later to get my leg over one.

What sizes do others own for their size?

JoB
    Free Member

i’m about the same height as you and the 56 is spot on for me, but then i’m different to you

p7rich
    Free Member

i’m 6’2″ on a 58 with a 80mm stem. Feels a smidge too big for me, and i like a big bike.

MrOvershoot

I have a 2009 Croix Der Fer in 60cm and it is quite big, at 6’3″ I could have gone for the 58cm without any problems, though it does mean I can keep the bar/saddle height at a sensible point without resorting to a mountain of spacers

robdob
    Free Member

My brother (peterpoddy on here) has just bought one and went for the 52cm rather than the 54cm he would normally. I’ll point him to this thread.

jerrys
    Free Member

Snownrock – I’m the same height as you with the same inside leg measurement. I’m on a 56. The LBS reckoned the 58 was too big and I got the 56 from them instead. Seems okay to me.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am 5ft 10, 32 inside leg.

I had a 54 croix de fer with a 110mm stem and inline seatpost which I felt fitted well, but I felt that it was a little crampt with a 100mm stem.

I would go for the 56 if I were you.

This years croix de fer is a slightly different geometry I think.

I have just stripped mine down otherwise you could have tried it if you are near Surrey.

iainc

i think I can help you here, as I have a 54 Croix de Fer and a M Giant Defy. The Giant has a 10mm shorter ETT but I have a 10mm longer stem on it than the Genesis, which makes them feel identical. I an 5ft 10 with short legs (30.5)

stany
    Free Member

Make sure you let your LBS know that you’re not gonna buy it from them. I’m sure they’ll be more than happy for you to test theirs.

Bazz

I’m 6 foot with 33″ inside leg and found a 56cm a touch to small, I would have preferred a 58cm, I’d try and swing a leg over a 56cm if I were you, I like a roomy ride btw.

ahwiles
    Free Member

54cm is too small for you.

go to your LBS, find the right size, and buy it you tight git.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Genesis CDF/Croix Der Fer sizing’ is closed to new replies.