Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Genesis Cda 10 or pinnacle akrose 2
  • soulbrother99
    Free Member

I have been looking at both bikes for a while now, not sure which to go for.The cda is cheaper and has a better gear set up in my opinion but not sure if the build quality is any different. I would be using the bike for commuting and possibly a bit of road riding and cyclocross.

does anyone have any experience with either of these bikes? which one would you go for?

Thanks in advance 🙂

flyingscottyman
    Free Member

I have just got an Arkose 5 and it is great. Similar to the 2 with 1×11, fast, light, nimble, stable and very comfortable.

I converted the tyres to tubeless with a bit of fiddling and all seems well.

I was put of the Genesis bikes due to the weight. They seem to be a great ride but weigh as much as the QE2.

razorrazoo

I’ve got a deposit down on a CDA 10 at the moment. Asked about it on here but no response.

Both bikes look good, so I get the deliberation.

The weights aren’t too far off on the bikes as the CDA’s are aluminum rather than steel. For a 56cm CDA 10 the weight is 11.14kg on the Genesis, the Pinnacle is 10.32kg (not sure on which size). I think much of this is down to the 1x rather than 2x drivechain on the Pinnacle.

The CDA 20 is more comparable as a 1x drivechain (and also similar price) like the Arkose 2 and comes in at 10.38kg.

I think it comes down to whether you want to pay more for 1x gearing and Hydro discs on the Pinnacle. Or a little less for wider gear range and cable discs (albeit the TRP Spyres with Jagwire cables)on the CDA 10. If you are set on 1x and Genesis the CDA 20 is your option (I considered this but could not justify the extra cash for what will be my second bike).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Cda 10 or pinnacle akrose 2’ is closed to new replies.