Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Genesis bike……any good?
  • ton

anyone got a genesis bike.
    they seem a bit thin on the ground. I like the look of the high latitude. would make a nice offroad tourer…no?

ottocat
    Free Member

I have a Fortitude Adventure.. its a great bike

Bregante

I think chipps was on a high latitude on Monday Nights Pub Ride. He was certainly quicker then I was* uphill and down.

I had a Croix De Fee for a few years. Great bike and would still have it if I could still commute daily.

*this is not unusual

mattk
    Free Member

I have a genesis IO.

Rides lovely, and vey comfy for a rigid. The paint is nice and hard too, it gets plenty of abuse and still looks tidy.

Also they seem to have a bit of a cult following, so if you don’t like it, you should be able to get a decent second hand price for it.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I have three* and ride at least one of them pretty much every day. They’re all ace and would happily buy them all again.

*Equilibrium, Core and Vapour Disc.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i don’t know if the high latitude would make a good off-road tourer, but it makes a bloody brilliant hooligan hardtail.

sillyoldman

Ton – the Longitude is due shortly and is exactly what you describe. High Latitude is an XC/Trail bike, and a lovely one at that, but the Longitude is designed to be an off-road tourer with 29+ compatibility.

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/blog/01/07/14/2015-bike-launch-longitude

willstaffs
    Free Member

I have a CDF and love it, would like a High Latitude and a flyer if I can find some more money!

zilog6128

I have a Croix de Fer which I ride most days (commuting and road/off road bimbling). It’s very comfy! Not ridden any of their MTBs or road bikes but they all look pretty good.

matt_outandabout

We ran fleets of them, replacing giants, at the outdoor centres. Really nice handling bikes, and nice balance of kit ( the giants and before them Kona) always used to a have a bit or two of out that was way below the spec if the rest of the bike.

TiRed

I have an ioid run SS. I can only compare it with the rigid Kona 29er it replaced, and suffice to say, it feels pretty stiff, has good geometry and handles accordingly. Looks well made and paint bears up. I replaced the alloy seatpost with a carbon one for more comfort, but the finishing kit was fine.

I like the downtube mounted crud catcher bosses. Nice UK touch and the best feature. After a muddy day, the bike is decidedly two tone mud fade.

belugabob
    Free Member

My first mountain bike (after riding a hybrid for years) was a Genesis Altitude steel 26er. I now also have a Trek Marlin 29er and a Merlin Malt.
    The Genesis was always fun to ride and was converted to single speed duties a few years bac – for which it is flippig brilliant.
    I can’t see me ever selling it, and I’m currently thinking about buying a Longitude or a Caribou

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I loved my abyss, great spec, great geometry – just a shame I got one that was a bit too small (I have it up for sale way down in the classifieds somewhere). I did notice Glentress were running them as hire bikes for about 18 months – so they must be pretty tough too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Genesis bike……any good?’ is closed to new replies.