Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Genesis and Pinnacle bikes for 2016?
  • jupiter
    Free Member

Just seen the sneek pic of the Genesis Vagabond and read that the new Longitude will be 650b+. Does anyone know anything else about future bikes both for Genesis and Pinnacle (jameso, give us a clue if you can). I would love to see a Pinnacle Ramin singlespeed (must be possible after the Arkose ss).

Clink

I would love to see a Pinnacle Ramin singlespeed (must be possible after the Arkose ss).

Agreed. Would look great in that olive paint-splatter colour!

jameso

If I could post a pic of what I’m sat in front of now 🙂
    will do later

Clink

If I could post a pic of what I’m sat in front of now
    will do later

😯

mikertroid
    Free Member

Great bikes, just back from a cracking ride on my ’14 Ramin 4 and my ’10 Genesis iOID is still a blast every time I get on it.

coomber
    Free Member

jameso – Member
    If I could post a pic of what I’m sat in front of now
    will do later

Hurry up!

Clink

^ this

jameso

Needs a few things sorting, not just the cables.. rushed build to get it rolling home. Uses the clamp-shell EBB. ETA TBC.

jupiter
    Free Member

That I like very much. Any more new stuff you can tell us about?

jameso

2 models of crmo frame and fork Arkose and some disc road bikes, also a load of new colours on kids bikes inc a 26″ disc/rigid model. So not a huge amount of ‘new’, mainly spec and detail revisions across the range. Some other new models due that will be out as soon as they’re ready rather than slotted into a ‘launch’. Great to be getting back into steel frames, the Arkose seemed like a good bike for that.

Vagabond

Like that name : )

iainc

that does look good…. had my eye on the Genesis 650+ and that one looks right up there too

coomber
    Free Member

Thanks for the update. I like the look of these a lot.

BillOddie

Looks similar to a Swobo Mutineer.

jameso

Umm .. : )

motorman
    Free Member

It would appear that the Vagabond is a Monstercross / offroad tourer

Clink

Looks similar to a Swobo Mutineer.

Not to me it doesn’t !

Jameso – will the ss fit 29er wheels?

jameso

Clink, it will, it’s based on a std Ramin frame with a tad more clearance at the back and an EBB. It won’t be using boost etc, the idea is similar to the Ramin 1, you have a good entry-level B+ bike that can run your old 29er wheels or the B+ wheels can slot into your other 29er maybe.

Clink

Clink, it will, it’s based on a std Ramin frame with a tad more clearance at the back and an EBB. It won’t be using boost etc, the idea is similar to the Ramin 1, you have a good entry-level B+ bike that can run your old 29er wheels or the B+ wheels can slot into your other 29er maybe.

😀

cokie

jameso –

Spot on! That’s what we need and what I want. Why is it that Pinnacle doesn’t try to pull the wool over our eyes..

coomber
    Free Member

jameso – any ideas on the prices for these new Ramin models?

jameso

Not confirmed yet coomber, just juggling some spec details now. Aiming for a low RRP for a sound bike with upgrade potential rather than anything aspirational. A bit like a Ramin 1 with some upgrades, the wheelset will force the RRP up a bit also.

coomber
    Free Member

Sounds promising.

superstu
    Free Member

will keep an eye on these, looking very good

thomthumb
    Free Member

what about the randonneur project?

Clink

Not confirmed yet coomber, just juggling some spec details now. Aiming for a low RRP for a sound bike with upgrade potential rather than anything aspirational. A bit like a Ramin 1 with some upgrades, the wheelset will force the RRP up a bit also.

Any rough eta?

wors

Loving my the idea of one of these types of bikes.

jameso

Clink, back end of 2015 rather than this summer.

Clink

Ok, ta

Rik
    Free Member

Any more news on the Vangabond?

Gibbysrabbit
    Free Member

jameso – any idea on the colour of next years Ramin One & when these will be available?
    Any changes to it?
    (I would have bought one by now if it wasn’t that lime colour!)

motorman
    Free Member

Vagabond £999

woodnut
    Free Member

Bar end shifter? No likey :-(. Shame really as bike looks proper tough.

motorman
    Free Member

Does seem a bit of a strange choice

brant
    Free Member

Bar end shifter?

Helps hit a pricepoint. STI’s are super pricey by comparison to bar end shifter and a brake lever. One of the Pinnacle’s used a set up like that last year.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The are cheap.

ampthill

Bar end shifters is also lots more flexible on front derailleur and chain set choices

That looks like an MTB double on the front and presumably an MTB front Derailleur. I don’t think that would work with STi

I think we can blame Shimano not genesis

Sadly I want this bike

woodnut
    Free Member

That looks like an MTB double on the front and presumably an MTB front Derailleur. I don’t think that would work with STi

Everyday’s a schoolday :-)… Are they indexed nowadays or friction only? I can just imagine them being massively irritating to shift with on a bumpy forest track.

faustus

Woodnut – shimano ones i’ve used were switchable between the two and front mech was friction only, and the indexing was pretty sweet actually.

Jameso – that Ramin looks great, hope it’ll be in a matt colour! Is this why it’s difficult to get 650b+ aftermarket wheels/tyres at the moment, because so many companies are developing 650b+ bikes?!

epicyclo

Will the Vagabond have enough clearance for 2.35″ Big Apples?

Any chance of it in shiny metal (931?)

NormalMan

Any more spec / availability info on the vagabond?

It looks great.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Genesis and Pinnacle bikes for 2016?’ is closed to new replies.