Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Genesis Altitude (new) vs Rocky Mountain Blizzard (2nd-hand)
  • Mark7
    Free Member

Trying to decide which of these frames to buy and build up into a XC bike.

Any advice much appreciated.

Edric64
    Free Member

New as you get a warranty and the Rocky Mountain is so pricey it's nearly in custom build territory

loddrik
    Free Member

I'll take the Blizzard if you don't want it…

Marmoset
    Free Member

Blizzard, but I'm a biased Rocky Owner – best riding bikes I've ever owned….I bought my Hammer frame second hand and have had no issues with it over 3 years.

Carbis

If it's an 18" Blizzard I'd say the Genesis and sell the Blizzard to me…. Seriously, I have a RM Hammer and it's a fantastic singletrack bike but haven't ridden a Genesis so would be biased.

guybe
    Free Member

I would go for the Genesis Altitude, fantastic frame with clean and simple look.

John_Key
    Free Member

I've had my blizzard since 98 and it is still going strong while in the same time I have busted several full suss frames. I think you should be OK

Mark7
    Free Member

Thanks for replies. Seems like most prefer the Blizzard apart from Guybe who probably works for Genesis 🙂 Any Genesis fans or even anyone who has ridden both about?

Use will be mainly all day XC rides and singletrack. Both frames have pannier mounts so perhaps some wild camping too.

karnali
    Free Member

jus had a couple of sc rides int he lakes on my new to me altitude frame, really nice handling frame. on a par with a soul i had a while back. i'd go for a new one of those. Heavier build than my scandal was but a much better riding a nd looking bike

hugin
    Free Member

I've had many hardtails but neither one of these so I'm not really in a position to advise but I will say that if I were given the choice I'd take the Blizzard in a flash. I would pause for thought *only* if the Altitude was an 853 one and even then I'd still take the blizzard. However, unless i'm wrong the Blizzard is designed around a 100mm fork so you might want to consider if you want a long or 'medium' travel hardtail.

james-o
    Free Member

i had a blizzard long before we made the altitude – the blizzard only has one 853 tube and is steeper angled / more trad xc for 100mm forks, the genesis is happier at 120/130mm but not ott burly. quite different bikes really. i had 110mm bombers on the blizzard at one point but it felt a bit ott, high bb / slack seat angle etc.

james-o
    Free Member

PS Guybe doesn't work for Genesis but i do 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Altitude (new) vs Rocky Mountain Blizzard (2nd-hand)’ is closed to new replies.