Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • genesis alpitude opinions?
  • newro97
    Free Member

anyone own or ridden this bike? 2009 or 2010 model.
    also the rims it comes with are Alex XED-44's any one ridden or used these?

stonemonkey
    Free Member

got a 2009 i like it

oxnop
    Free Member

Had a 2009- sold it. I'm not that tall 5 11" and found the 18.5" (there largest size) too small. Also the quality of welding on the frame was the worst I've seen on a bike (mine might of been a bad example).

I only paid £800 brand new & boxed which sweetened the deal though.

james-o
    Free Member

oxnop, if it was that bad the shop could've sent it back, the lifetime warranty covers all that. I'm 6'1" and the 18" fits me fine so it may depend on what fit you were expecting?

2010 frame is 1/2 deg slacker than 09. Alex XED rims are lighter than the equivalent DT rim and welded at the join rather than pinned or sleeved, just over 400g for a 19mm rim is great.

Chisel
    Free Member

Have a 2009 frame built up with Pikes and I love it I suppose it depends what sort of riding you intened doing but mine has been ragged severely around the Alps and came through without fault. Just come back from 3 days trail centre riding in Wales and with the Gravity Dropper letting me lift and shift as and when I wanted it was soooooooo much fun. As for frame finish mine is okay there's a little nick on the cross brace but it's not and issue and the paint has held up remarkbly well when you consider the abuse it has taken.

So if you want a bike to enjoy go lairy and have a chuckle on go for it. If you want to read a good review go to Wideopenmag.co.uk and have a look at issue 9 of there web mag.

:O) MOrning James hope all went well in London.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I'll expand on my earlierpoint, build quality isnt great but you get what you pay for, i bought my frame and headset 2nd hand for £220. If i had paid full RRP I may have been a little disappointed. I am 6 foot and find the large with a 70mm stem a perferct fit. I think the bike rides vey well, good balance good going both up and down and a forgiving ride. Would i buy a new brand new 2009 one at full RRP probably not second hand yes. Havent seen the 2010 so cantcomment

Rickos
    Free Member

5ft 10 and a bit and I ride the 16.5 inch version. I love it. Bought the frame (2009) and swapped parts over from a previous frame. It's exactly what I was after in a hardtail and is great for trail centre razzing as well as longer jaunts. It's not the best finished frame, but after a few rides it gets a few knocks and scratches anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘genesis alpitude opinions?’ is closed to new replies.