Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Genesis 2012 – io id or core 26.5
  • meandyuk

I know this is a bit of an open ended thread but I really can’t decide between these two! I know they are pretty different. Steel vs Alu – Geared hub vs 3×10 etc.

I’m into mainly trail riding & riding in local woods…

Can anyone who has either of these able to convince me to get one over the other? 🙂

Cheers

TiRed

I went for the io id. I had a rigid singlespeed steel 29er and an alfine hubbed bike. Loved them both. With a singlespeed rear wheel and a carbon fork and 29er wheel, it’s four bikes in one!

Convinced yet?

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2010 iOID and it gets so much use. I’d replace it with another like a shot if I had to. So much fun; has the ability to turn the dullest of trails into something fun.

However the flip-side is if it gets too steep, things get a little too exciting! Then the five comes out!

epicyclo

The Genesis io.

It’s the nicest handling 26″ steel hardtail I’ve ridden.

meandyuk

Hmm ok, I’m swaying towards an io id now! Next question, the 8sp or the 11sp alfine? I can have either for not too much of a price difference (£100)

Cheers!

wwaswas

11 just for smaller gaps when changign gear.

TiRed

8 speed for reliability. Whilst the 11 is reliable, there have been many reports of “issues”. The converse is not true. Hence I went 8 speed, having already had one. Yes the gaps are larger. But not as large as running Singlespeed, which is my other option 😉 .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Genesis 2012 – io id or core 26.5’ is closed to new replies.