Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • generous jerseys ?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

ive just recieved the latest castelli Race 5.0 jersey from CRC!

well my GOD!!! im 6ft 4 and 42-43 inch chest 36 inch waist, so i ordered xxl. if they did one i should of ordered xxxxxxl. ridiculous.

herd that funkier brand are quality and more real like sizes.

any others?

richardthird

The less poncey the brand the more normal the sizing.

Also fatlatattheback.com

lemonysam
    Free Member

If it’s not got an italian name and it’s not “premium” you’re probably ok.

jacob46
    Free Member

stupid pasta garlic eating ities. they all must be like irish jockeys

nickc

castelli

Italian, all their sizes are smaller than you’d expect

markgraylish
    Free Member

I just bought a new pair of shorts. In the shop, I narrowed the choice down to Pearl Izumi (US brand, I believe) or Castelli
    Took a medium pair of each into the changing room…

Pearl Izumi in medium were fine – the Castelli, in medium couldn’t get them past my knees! So I got progressively larger sizes until I ended up in a pair XXL’s!

(@ 33″ waist, I’m not exactly a fat barstard either)

jacob46
    Free Member

Ridiculous!

Anyone know what specialized is like?

bigblackshed

I struggle like hell. I end up riding in soggy t-shirts because I can’t get jerseys to fit. I’d prefer loose DH type tops, but without them looking like pyjamas, but they are only made for skinny little yoofs.

I’m 6ft 4 with a 48″ chest, but round my shoulders and back is even bigger than normal, 57″ round the tops of my arms and upper chest. Lycra just becomes see through with the stretch. Not a good look.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Tenn and Endura.

thehustler
    Free Member

Dare2B

website

Have a couple of their tops and they are well sized

chudsy
    Free Member

I’ve a santini top in xxxxl and a pearl izumi in xl. Both fit, and I’ve similar measurements to op.

TooTall
    Free Member

Twin 6 from the USA are great. I’m 6’7″ with a 48″ chest and their XXXL has some breathing room in it for me.
    Forget the malnourished dwarf labrat roadie clothing from Italy – I’m something like a 7XL in one Italian brand!

somafunk

I was suitably impressed with my cheap purchase of a muddy fox (stop laughing at the back) cycling top from Sports direct for £15, impressed enough to buy another one t’day when i was passing. The sizing is decent, the two rear pockets and zipped pocket are decent, the zip on the front is a decent length and even a little cable thingy on the rear of the collar for your earphone cable – what’s not to like for that price?. I’m a 38″-40″ and a medium fits fine without being skin tight like so many anorexic styled cycling tops.

muddy fox jersey here

I’ve a pair of Castelli Sorpasso winter bib tights and whilst i am only a 32″ waist with the usual cycling thighs they are by no means big or anything like the size they were 10 years ago and i had to get a large in the castelli bibs as the mediums would not pass over my lower thighs.

I got them cheaper than retail as i worked in a bike shop but there’s no way i’d buy them if i had to pay full price.

JoeG
    Free Member

Aerotech Designs is a company near me in Pittsburgh. I dunno what UK/EU availability is like.

Pearl Izumi is Japanese (part of Shimano).

bigblackshed

Dare2B are too short in the arms. They’re not designed by someone who understands what a cycling position does to your body shape. Fine stood up, sit on a bike and the sleeves turn into 3/4 length.

Their sizing is all over the place too. I’ve got a few things and not one is the same physical size as the next, even with the same label. I’ve no confidence ordering online, it’s a lottery.

scud
    Free Member

I’m a portly gent with a 44″ chest and 36″ waist, i’ve found the best jerseys for me to ride road have been Endura Rapido, they’re were a load of jerseys on ebay for about £15 in XXL or Pearl Izumi (half American, half Japanese) whose jerseys actually seem to tally with normal sizing.

If you want premium brands, Sportful, who are actually Castelli’s parent company i think, are a bit more normal in size.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

herd that funkier brand are quality and more real like sizes.

I have the Funkier SS Jersey and I’m very pleased with it. I’m 6’0 with same chest size & the XL is a good fit. It has a good length, I tend to find lots of jerseys too short.

hatter

Another vote for Pearl Izumi, they work to ‘American T-shirt’ sizing so you’d probably be fine in an XL.

Just be aware of the different cuts, the ‘PRO’ stuff is snugger than the ‘Elite’ stuff for instance.

it’s all pretty common sense though.

sandwicheater

I found a £10 note in one of my tops the other day, was most pleased with the generous nature of that garment.

richardthird

If you can get yerself into a Decathlon store, they have some really good value proper clothing to try on. They do larger sizes but can vary a lot, so I wouldn’t bother with their on line offering. I tried it but returns were a hassle.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘generous jerseys ?’ is closed to new replies.