Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Generic term for Political Meme Images on FB.
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

Is there an accepted generic term for the kind of Political Meme Images that keep popping up on my FB newsfeed?

If you’re lucky enough to be unsure what I’m talking about Another Angry Voice/Red Foot Forward are contain some good examples.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

They’re probably too complicated to call them memes, assuming a meme is a concept, they probably contain several.

Smart leftyism, I would call it 😉

tomhoward

Satire?

outofbreath
    Free Member

It seems strange to me. Britain First meme output is usually inoffensive/accurate in spite of the deeply unwholesome source. There seems to be a total absence of misleading inaccurate bullshit from the Centre ground.

Why does the hard left have the monopoly on posting truckloads of misleading shite?

Or is it just my own newsfeed that suffers from this and everyone else is getting meme images containing lies from across the political spectrum?

I still want to know what to call it.

Northwind

outofbreath – Member

Why does the hard left have the monopoly on posting truckloads of misleading shite?

It definitely doesn’t. But, the right wing owns the press and the Tories aren’t shy about spending public money to send out propaganda so there’s probably less need for them to spam up facebook.

The Britain First stuff is quite clever though- they circulate inoffensive/populist stuff to get likes, shares etc and get their visibility up and name known, then every so often they send out some horrible shitebaggery.

jimjam
    Free Member

outofbreath – Member

It seems strange to me. Britain First meme output is usually inoffensive/accurate in spite of the deeply unwholesome source.

You must have a very high bullshit threshold. Nearly every post I see from Racists First is something inflammatory (either thinly veiled racism or just totally blatant), totally out of context or just a complete lie.

outofbreath
    Free Member

My experience of Britain First posts is closer to Northwind’s. Mind you I only see what gets shared so maybe I’m not seeing typical output.

finbar
    Free Member

Y’all need some less racist Facebook friends 😯

tomhoward

It seems strange to me. Britain First meme output is usually inoffensive/accurate in spite of the deeply unwholesome source.

I find the vast majority to be offensive, inaccurate, bordering on illegal, lies.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Generic term for Political Meme Images on FB.’ is closed to new replies.