Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Generic Project Managment Courses?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

I’m looking to improve my technicians’ general approach to and planning of projects. I don’t really want to go down the full project management methodology of PRINCE2 etc, I’m looking for a more high level, generic approach.

Anyone experienced such a thing?

MSP
    jfletch
    Free Member

If you use PRINCE2 the the foundation qualification is quite useful for people participating in the projects but not running them.

Only takes about 2 days (if that really)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Just label yourself as an Agile PM. In real world terms it means you do sod all and do zero ‘management’ of a project.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

If you’re IT based, would ITIL serve you better? I did the PRINCE2 foundation many years ago. Its great if you use it daily, but can be easily forgotten.

legend
    Free Member

jfletch – Member

If you use PRINCE2 the the foundation qualification is quite useful for people participating in the projects but not running them.

Only takes about 2 days (if that really)

Ditto for APM/IPMA

toby1

Just label yourself as an Agile PM. In real world terms it means you do sod all and do zero ‘management’ of a project.

So you know some people who are no good at agile then?

A decent Agile PM/Scrum master makes quite a difference to how a project goes. Just because you don’t have a gantt chart doesn’t mean nothing is being done.

takisawa2

I did a two day course at the Smallpeice Trust, in Leamingtom.
    Was fairly generic.
    Wasnt enough to dissuade me from pursuing PM at the next opportunity, so must have been ok.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Generic Project Managment Courses?’ is closed to new replies.