Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)
  • General "my life sucks" rant
  • wiggles
    Free Member

Haven’t been about much lately but need somewhere to vent a bit.

Basically things are tough at the moment…

At the start of the year I found out my EX was seeing another man and we (not so acrimoniously) split up and the flat was in my name so I made her leave despite her insisting I should be the one to leave….

This meant since April I have been a single dad with their mum only seeing the kids a few hours a week (on going court case) I had to leave my job as couldn’t work the hours whilst looking after the kids on my own, initially I was on unpaid leave with a view to going back when things were sorted however the company changed hands in the meantime so things fell through…

This meant claiming benefits to live on which has been the most difficult process imaginable I got paid job seekers allowance for a total of 2 weeks in October before they decided the reason I left my job wasn’t good enough so they won’t be paying me until the end of December…

I have sold all but one of my bikes, sold my car and bought a cheaper one just to make ends meet and now I’ve got nothing left just surviving on tax credits of £100 a week and very little else.

I have a small history of depression and take medication but never thought it was that obvious to other people until today when things came to a bit of a head, I had a conversation with my parents about how badly things were going and that I’ll probably have to take my car off the road for a bit as can’t afford it etc

Then I went home exhausted and just drained from all this stress (back in the family court Friday) and fell asleep on the sofa by accident, I was then woken up by my mum and brother bursting through the door shouting my name… They had been trying to ring me and I wasn’t answering so they rushed over because they thought I might have tried to kill myself.

I just never thought someone especially my own family would think of me like that.

Anyway I don’t really know the point of this just felt like I had to “say it out loud” as it were

RustySpanner

Where do you live mate?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Where do you live mate?

Are we all going round to kick his door in too?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Nah I reckon he’s going to rob him as he presumably has an insecure front door.

Your rant and the reaction of your family suggests it might be worth seeking some assistance.

Best of luck.

RobHilton
    Free Member

It could have been his back door

jimmy

Sounds tough. At least it sounds like you have priorities right with your kids – start there and work up. Your ma and Bro have showed they care and are concerned so don’t be afraid to ask for help or feel bad about how they think of you, it will only be good things.

Good luck, but I’m sure you’re doing a fine job.

jekkyl

is your email ad on your profile linked to your paypal?

joshvegas
    Free Member

How old are your kids?

funkmasterp

If you’re anywhere near Macclesfield and want to grab a drink, ride or just have a chat pm me.

SaxonRider

I love the answers so far; but really, where do you live?

molgrips
    Free Member

If you’re in Cardiff we’ll be able to help 🙂

xcracer1
    Free Member

Yeah it shows your mother and brother care. So will your kids.

Whilst it looks bad now, it will get better. Focus on positive things in your day, even if you find it difficult.

The benefits system is a joke in this country imo, considering the foreign aid, brexit payments etc we make instead.

wiggles
    Free Member

Thanks guys I really didn’t what to expect when I wrote that out but I know this place can be great when people need help.

You are right about the kids they are with me in their home, their school etc and they are doing fine and are the reason I am managing to keep things together to be honest.

I am looking for a new job but its just hard finding something with suitable hours and you’d think working since you left school paying taxes would entitle you to a few months help when you fall on your arse but well not with this government…

I`m sure it will all work out in the end its just tough at the moment.

Meanwhile my ex is engaged and pregnant with the man she was seeing behind my back… and then to try and justify her actions she has accused me of all sorts of stuff luckily nobody believes (well except him) her and I can prove it is untrue so almost 100% that the court will say the kids stay with me.

I live in newport btw, I haven’t actually been out on a bike (properly) since before all this, I finished building a new bike just before and its still unused hence why I cant bring myself to sell that one even though the others are gone.

Jekkyl – yes it is. But that wasnt why I started this thread just wanted to get some things off my chest.

Houns

We’re ‘here’ for you. I know how shit the benefits system is for those that genuinely need it. Don’t be afraid to ask for help off family/friends/here.

seosamh77
    Free Member

good luck to you mate, hopefully the break you need is just round the corner.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I live in newport btw

it just gets worse! 😉

sounds like your mum and brother care & are close by. Get them to help – support network will be important come the custody battle, i’m told.

Good luck with the job.

snownrock

What did/do you want to do for work? An idea might help open some doors on here for you.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I am planning on a Cwmcarn ride over Christmas. So if you fancy a ride and a beer(on me of course) more than happy to meet up.

Kryton57

I live in newport btw
    it just gets worse!

Oh I don’t know, there was an extremely hot asian lady from Newport on First Dates the other day, desperate for love but returned to Newport empty handed.

fossy

See if anyone can help you look after the kids, if you get a new job. Your ex will fall on her arse at some point.

I’ve seen to blokes do the dirty on their two missus in the last couple of years – they went of with younger models without a thought of their family.

You are best rid, sounds horrid to say, but you are. What woman leaves her kids, and ‘makes’ more.

SaxonRider

I live in Newport btw, I haven’t actually been out on a bike (properly) since before all this, I finished building a new bike just before and its still unused hence why I cant bring myself to sell that one even though the others are gone.

I’m in Cardiff, as is someone else from STW with whom I ride. I’m sure we could manage a ride or two! Also beer. Beer is good.

Assuming the bike you have kept is a mountain bike and not a road bike, mind, you may not enjoy being out with me. I suck at mountain biking.

TheDTs
    Free Member

What line of work were you in and what are you looking to do?

funkmasterp

I suck at mountain biking.

‘‘Tis the STW way

nastybuller
    Free Member

On the flip side:

You have kids who you get to spend loads of time with.

You split up with your shitty ex bird who was no good anyway.

This gives you an opportunity to meet a better girl.

You are in the market for a new job which could bring loads of new opportunities.

Depends how you look at things really.

rocco

Email in profile, I’m only in Chepstow and although don’t get to ride much, happy to meet up for a chat and general rant at the world 😀

I have no idea about these things but do you have sole custody of kids? Does there mum pay any maintenance? No idea if these are the things that get sorted in court first.

wiggles
    Free Member

Yes the bike I kept is a mountainbike

I used to work in a bike shop before briefly working for a distribution company (sending stuff from the warehouse) but done a bunch of jobs before but other than school and cytech no qualifications so honestly ill do pretty much any job at the moment.

rocco – Member
    Email in profile, I’m only in Chepstow and although don’t get to ride much, happy to meet up for a chat and general rant at the world

I have no idea about these things but do you have sole custody of kids? Does there mum pay any maintenance? No idea if these are the things that get sorted in court first.

Might take you up on that some time. I havent officially but should as of friday but she isnt working now she is having baby and doesnt plan on going back and I havent had one penny from her since she left despite me looking after the kids for all but 7 hours of the week.

Cougar

Lose some weight. Find a trollop or six. HTH.

(-:

dirtyboy

I’m also from Port email in profile if you want to chat go for a spin etc etc. DB

footflaps

Tough gig OP, you have my sympathies.

Relationship breakups are pretty miserable even without kids involved.

Good luck in Court for Friday.

jaminb
    Free Member

Used to work in a bike shop. Can build a nice bike. Live near Cwmcarn. Mobile bike mechanic would fit around your kids

jmatlock
    Free Member

The community this site has is amazing. The help and emails I received from my similar thread mad eme realise the world isn’t awful.

Don’t struggle alone buddy. We are all here to listen and help.

weeksy

Wiggles, payday tomorrow so I’ve sent you some cash, buy some Xmas bits

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Really rough situation – well done for sharing. Have you seen your GP recently?

m0rk
    Free Member

Did you have a thread before? I’m getting serious de ja vu

wiggles
    Free Member

Thanks guys, this place really is amazing. I spent the last bit of money I had saved up on some bits for my boys for Christmas while I had anything left to spend.

Car insurance runs out in a few days so will probably take that off the road for a bit and save myself some cash paying that and the tax & fuel for a while until I have a job.

wiggles
    Free Member

Yeah I had a thread back when it all started when I suspected she was up to something…

I have seen my GP, I had an awesome one a few months back who really helped but then he moved to norway… and his replacement is basically a drug prescribing robot in a suit

I needed a letter confirming my medication for the court case and he said it was £50 I explained that £50 was half of a weeks income for me and 2 children and It was literally going to be one sentence I needed from him and he said “sorry there is nothing I can do without the fee”

rocco

How old are your kids? Is any possibility of your mum or brother having them for a bit to give you some ‘me’ time? Possible to move in with mum? (I know that’s not always possible but could help save money)

wiggles
    Free Member

They are 5 & 6, both in school now my mum does have them occasionally but she spends a lot of time looking after her elderly parents (my grandad has terminal cancer and my nan has dementia) and my brother is only 18 but he does help when he can.

stumpy01

There is a company called STG Aerospace in Cwmbran who have recently set-up a factory there. They are also based in Swaffham, Norfolk.

I think they might be recruiting – can’t be sure, but have a friend who works there and last time I spoke to him I’m sure he said that they were looking for people.

It might be worth contacting them.

Hope your situation improves!

iffoverload
    Free Member

Delivery driver for Argos, shifts are flexible?

http://argos.careers/find-a-job/4493

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘General "my life sucks" rant’ is closed to new replies.