Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • GENERAL; 57. Not to bring inside the property any bicycles or motor cycles.
  • dsb181
    Free Member

New tenancy agreement states the above. Has anybody else been in the same/similar situation?
    Whats the best/most polite way to tell my Landlady that I’m really not keen on keeping bikes outside.

NB I know now I’ve singed the agreement & that she has no obligation to let me store bikes now. I’ve not met her yet, she may be cool straight away or a complete mega witch. Any previous experiences or advice thank you please.

jamj1974

Get a big bike bag.

loddrik
    Free Member

Brompton?

ross980
    Free Member

As above. Bike bag.

dsb181
    Free Member

I’ve not thought of a bike bag, good idea!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

what they do not know, does not kill them

hammyuk
    Free Member
    mav12
    Free Member

milf potential 😉

andyl
    Free Member
    simon_g

You’re entitled to quiet enjoyment of the property and if they do insist on inspections, need to give you fair warning. If/when they do, either chuck in bike bags or just take wheels off and hide under the bed / in the wardrobe / elsewhere.

The concern is usually about marking walls or carpets – and it’s probably just a boilerplate rental agreement. You could speak to the landlady and allay any fears about damage, or just leave it and stop worrying. If you’re a good tenant, pay on time and you’re not damaging the place with your bikes, they’re not going to kick you out just because you store your bikes inside.

nikk
    Free Member

Just don’t get caught washing your bike in the bathtub 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

Remove your front wheel. It is no longer a bicycle, but bicycle parts!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Just use a mat under it and hang a sheet on the wall to stop marks.

OR

Get some mates to drag a goldwing inside to be used as a feature coffee table.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘GENERAL; 57. Not to bring inside the property any bicycles or motor cycles.’ is closed to new replies.