Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Gemini Lights
  • unsponsored
    Free Member

Having read the review the Titan looks like a winner but is there such a thing as too many lumens?

I would be interested in real world experiences of the Olympia and Duo fro Gemini.

Superficial
    Free Member

I have a Duo. I like it, it’s been very reliable so far (I’ve had it a year) and it works well. It feels well made and the beam pattern is great without hot spots. Mine came with a remote which works perfectly and I find very useful. I have the small (2 cell) battery which seems fine for evening rides on a mix of low/high power depending on terrain. Of course the remote makes it super easy to change power which must help battery life. I’ve never found it lacking in power. Lights can be too powerful if you’re using a pair of lights and one is much brighter, or if you ride with people with dimmer lights and they’ll be blinded by you (eg if you ride behind them and cast their shadow in front of them).

My only (minor) complaint is that the battery is heavy and when I use it on my helmet it’s a bit wobbly. If I take a bag I’ll put the battery in that.

fossy

I have a Gemini Duo copy (Yinding 2xU2) which is the ‘best’ Chinese copy. The light beam is excellent and more than enough at about 1200 lumen real output. It’s also tiny.

Good run times from solarstorm battery boxes with panasonic cells.

You can get other ‘copies’ some better than others, but the Yinding is about as good as the original – get the light head only.

I’ve had it about 3 years and it’s been used in all weathers, from wet commutes to muddy night rides. I’d recommend either the Duo or the Yinding, depending upon how available they are.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Gemini Lights’ is closed to new replies.