Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Geldoff returns key to Dublin honour over Myanmar association
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41964299

Find him hard to like at times, but he just took a big step up in my book.
    Tenuous link, granted, but a protest worth making.

seosamh77
    Free Member

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/08/rohingya-muslims-170831065142812.html

Seems a fairly complex situation, strikes me as a bit extreme to blame it all on Aung San Suu Kyi.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Yes, but I don’t understand her lack of action and/or condemnation

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    seosamh77
    Free Member

Aye, i don’t understand the internal politics of Myanmar either not like it’s the most democratic and open state in the world, i doubt many do. Certainly not Bob.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yes, but I don’t understand her lack of action and/or condemnation

Because the Army still run the show out there..

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Because the Army still run the show out there..

Which very much didn’t keep her quiet before she got a place at the trough.

chip
    Free Member

She wants to be a woman of the people, and the people are sadly all for getting rid of the rohingya people.

stewartc
    Free Member

She wants to be a woman of the people, and the people are sadly all for getting rid of the rohingya people

That.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Self serving publicity stunt .
    By all means hand the key back Bob ..but do it quietly .
    I’ve always thought the man was a complete dick

joshvegas
    Free Member

By all means hand the key back Bob ..but do it quietly .

Nah do it loud if 5 people learn something about the world then thats better than nothing.

Can’t disagree about his dickage though

jimjam
    Free Member

Reacting to Mr Geldof’s announcement, Lord Mayor Micheal Mac Donnacha of Dublin City Council said on Monday: “I find it ironic that he makes this gesture while proudly retaining his title as Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire, given the shameful record of British imperialism across the globe.”

martinhutch

Burn…!

outofbreath
    Free Member

Aye, i don’t understand the internal politics of Myanmar either not like it’s the most democratic and open state in the world, i doubt many do. Certainly not Bob.

This.

Nah do it loud if 5 people learn something about the world then thats better than nothing.

…but also this.

I’ve no idea if he’s right and suspect he hasn’t got a clue about the subject, but if he’s going to make a gesture it needs to be public. Secret gestures are pretty pointless.

jonnyboi

“I find it ironic that he makes this gesture while proudly retaining his title as Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire, given the shameful record of British imperialism across the globe.”

I’m going to boycott Guinness because of the shameful treatment of irish citzens who fought in WWII by their own government.

er, That’s not the same at all is it?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Geldoff returns key to Dublin honour over Myanmar association’ is closed to new replies.