Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Geiggerrigs anygood?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Some good deals in the states, going in a couple of weeks are they worth considering?

d42dom

I like mine, had it over a year now with no problems. Make sure you pack everything before you pump it up as it gets a bit tight in there. Got mine cheap through Sports Persuit. I prefer it to a my Camelbak.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers was looking at a hawg also but will take a good look at them in the states.

lemonysam
    Free Member

We were given some free when I worked for an outdoor company, we took them out, tested them fairly extensively and concluded that they were quite literally the most pointless product that we’d ever seen. Very well made but utterly, utterly shit.

fudge9202
    Free Member

lemonysam more specifics please

lemonysam
    Free Member

well… under what circumstances do they have an actual advantage over a normal bladder?

I’ve never really had a problem getting water out of my tube which the Geiggerrig didn’t also suffer from. As to getting crap in your mouth, well anything that sprayed onto the mouth piece probably also sprayed into your mouth – if you really care a plastic end cap solves the problem better without the need for a silly, expensive system. It doesn’t make it any easier to drink whilst moving and makes it more likely that you’ll choke when you spray it down your throat.

The only reason we could see to buy one is to spray your mates when they faff at lunch stops.

I’m sure they have fans but between half a dozen of us* who tried them we all stopped using them even though they were free. We decided that we couldn’t sell them and looking at who’s still stocking them over here it seems we were right. I’ve already given mine away otherwise I would have sent you it.

*some of whom are the most gear-happy people I’ve ever known.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Looks like a hawg then! Pretty cheap in the states so will get one when there in a few weeks

lemonysam
    Free Member

By the by, the bladders we reckoned were best were the Source Widepacs and we all tended to use Deuter Speedlite packs.

d42dom

Glad to be using an utterly useless product!

runswithaxes
    Free Member

There’s a short review here – Fresh Goods Friday 169:

Fresh Goods Friday 169

Cheers
    Will

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Geiggerrigs anygood?’ is closed to new replies.