Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Geeky stats from the DH World Champs pits
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I thought this was very interesting on Pinkbike, if a little bit (OK, a lot) geeky.

Bikes and kit used by percentage.

Apologies if posted already, not got time to whole site.

clubber
    Free Member

How do you rock a frame?

Surely all it really tells you is how big different brands' sponsorship budgets are.

neil853
    Free Member

two intresting facts there for me (yes i'm a bit geeky). First the SPD ratio, higher thani would have thought for some reason, a secondly the neck brace thing. I would have thought this is another means of generating sponsorship money if nothing else? oh yes and then there's the 'not breaking your neck thing', wonder if dan atherton had one on?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Surprised to see Shimano still being more common despite Sram's almost blitzkreig like sponsorship. Must be a fair few independent, unsponsored riders who have to buy stuff with their own money voting with their feet there.

tails
    Free Member

I'm surprised the amount of users running flats in a race situation. Shimano and sram are both decent enough, just comes down to shifter preference.

swisstony
    Free Member

only 6% on hope brakes, must only be people on here that still buy them!

ahwiles
    Free Member

tails – Member

I'm surprised the amount of users running flats in a race situation

i'm not. i've got an old video of a red-bull rampage style event from australia years ago. Featuring a very young Sam Hill – clipped in (i think he won the event…).

i wouldn't be surprised if Sam's pedal / shoe sponsors had a clause that he's not allowed to use clip-in pedals/shoes.

yes, racing is about winning, but it's also about making your sponsors stuff look good.

chakaping
    Free Member

Surely all it really tells you is how big different brands' sponsorship budgets are.

On some things certainly, but not all. For example, I doubt Maxxis sponsor 67% of the field.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i wouldn't be surprised if Sam's pedal / shoe sponsors had a clause that he's not allowed to use clip-in pedals/shoes.

He was/is with crank brothers? Same as Peaty? Although Peaty is with 661 for shoes so easier to swap to flats when he feels like it.

only 6% on hope brakes, must only be people on here that still buy them!

Interesting use of the word "Still"? IIRC as a result of the £ tanking they've had their best year ever? It was on the BBC? Everyone elses prices have gone up, hope used to be more expensive then XTR, now they're priced between SLX and XT.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On some things certainly, but not all. For example, I doubt Maxxis sponsor 67% of the field.

Anyone else thin the new shwabel DH tyres look like a DHF, DHR, and a cut down medusa?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Geeky stats from the DH World Champs pits’ is closed to new replies.