Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Geek question – wifi installation for a couple of meeting rooms
  • leffeboy

Before the Google there is STW…

Got to install WiFi to cover a couple of large meeting rooms on different floors of a building. Before going down my usual well tramped routes I thought I might ask on here if anyone has anything they would recommend for this sort of thing. Ideally I would like to provide several sets of credentials for logging in, soome of which are permanent but some of which expire after a certain period (but this isn’t critical). Budget is under 800 quid.

Any suggestions of suitable equipment or brands to look at?

thanks
    edit: even got it in the right forum

samuri
    Free Member

We’re currently trialling Meraki. It’s a whole different way of doing things, highly recommended.

leffeboy

Cool thanks. Price looks sensible and I like the idea of central management. I’m off to read a bit

pingu66
    Free Member

Meraki is good kit with a great deal of features but it is a periodic license renewal so be aware of future costs.

Its now part of Cisco, who I work for on the wireless side so if I can be of any help just shout out.

I would say Cisco etc but a full implementation would start at a minimum couple of grand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Geek question – wifi installation for a couple of meeting rooms’ is closed to new replies.