Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Geek help – mobile spam unsubscription and number faking. Boring content.
  • Kahurangi

So

I’m receiving spam/marketing from T-Mobile. I started receiving these immediately after I changed provider… 😡 😐

They say “text STOP to 400000” to unsubscribe. However as I am not a T-mobile customer that doesn’t work.

The customer service droids have been unhelpful and suggested I ask my new provider to block the T-mobile texts.

WTF.

So, anyone reckon there’s a way to turn the 400000 number in to a real phone number? Or is the fact my phone won’t send messages to these numbers a phone problem?

maccruiskeen

Is there a number the texts are coming from (rather than the one they are are asking you to send the ‘stop’ to?

Your phone provider should offer a service you can forward spam texts to for them to investigate with a view to the originator of the spam being blocked from spamming anyone, not just you

if you were a T-moble customer you’d report it HERE ( 🙂 ) but your own provider should offer a similar service

Cougar

40000 -is- T-Mobile, far as I know. What happens when you send STOP to that number?

SamCooke
    Free Member

I did that, they stopped

Kahurangi

it refuses to send 🙁

mac – cheers, trying to work with giffgaff to stop it as well now. I’ve tried sending ‘stop’ to a variety if similar numbers (yes, they all come from the number to reply to) and none of them work for me.

manoirdelourde
    Free Member

Have you got a premium number bar set?

Kahurangi

manaoir – not that I know of, it’s a new account/provider so I’ll have a look. unlimited free sms though, so shouldn’t be a problem….

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Wait till you get the bill befofe getting cocky aye
    Dominoes pizza actually believe by txting offers without pics will somehow subconciously make me want one,,,
    One day, ermmm not! Overpriced heart killer in a box anyone…?

CountZero

Bloody Orange did that for several years after I went to O2, but it was dealers offering me upgrades to my phone. Eventually died out, but it was damned annoying, and I’d never go back to them after that. Problem was, I had a really memorable number, which I took with me… 😡

enfht
    Free Member

You’re asking for help from people you refer to as geeks. How nice.

Good luck there with your problem 😀

Cougar

Thanks for being offended on our behalf, when none was intended or taken.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Geek help – mobile spam unsubscription and number faking. Boring content.’ is closed to new replies.