Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Geek Dilemma
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Ive been using the same keyboard and mouse for the last 12 years.

We are as one.

But too many late night wine spillages and clumsy eating mean sticking keys and the mouse has a tendency to go off on it’s own sometimes. It’s old wireless tech.

So the conundrum is do I revive a well-loved bit of kit by prising all the keys off and giving them a soak in hot soapy water, then get to it with the cotton buds on the board…

or

Take a wild leap into the unknown with a new wireless board and mouse and just learn to use a new one – keys are never in the same place. Keypress weight will be different. Akin to making love to a woman other than one’s long standing wife…..I imagine….. 😉

I cant be the only sad sack in here who is ashamedly wedded to his keyboard? 😳

emsz
    Free Member

geek

lol

iDave
    Free Member

embrace another woman change

coffeeking
    Free Member

I hate new keyboards/mice. I’d revive the old one.

Stoner
    Free Member

embrace change

But what if she it feels all wrong? What if she it doesnt respond to my finger touch as Im used to?

emsz
    Free Member

Akin to making love to a woman other than one’s long standing wife…..I imagine…..

I’d have thought not personally… 😀

iDave
    Free Member

But what if she it feels all wrong? What if she it doesnt respond to my finger touch as Im used to?

end of the world, disaster, nothing will ever be the same, you’ll be on the dole soon, why why why, or maybe it’ll be fine…

Stoner
    Free Member

Im not sure I could take the rejection.

chewkw
    Free Member

I bought a Microsoft wireless arch keyboard like this one recently … not bad.

p/s: think you might be able to get one with the mouse …

TheBrick
    Free Member

Can’t help on the mouse front but on the keyboard front, there can be only one…..

Actually any mechanical switch key board to be honest, but the IBM model M is the classic. I don’t have one but I have used one for an extend period of time and they are nice, positive and tactile, but not hard work.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive got to get some homeplugs so am in scan.co.uk now, and looking at keyboards…

I think I shall have a go at cleaning this one instead. I can surely squeeze a few more years out of her it.

retro83
    Free Member

TheBrick – Member
    Can’t help on the mouse front but on the keyboard front, there can be only one…..

Actually any mechanical switch key board to be honest, but the IBM model M is the classic. I don’t have one but I have used one for an extend period of time and they are nice, positive and tactile, but not hard work.

Great keyboards!
    Clack clack clack clack clack clack clack

cranberry
    Free Member

Great keyboards!
    Clack clack clack clack clack clack clack

Indeed – I have one for work, plus a spare ( not that I’ll probably need it ) and one at home – made in 1992, and now just nicely run in. 🙂

matt_outandabout

Are they worth owt them IBM ones? I have a bunch in a box at work that were retired but kept as ‘in case’….

TheBrick
    Free Member

No not worth nowt, I’ll buy them all for £5.

TheBrick
    Free Member

In all seriousness if they are working model m, uk layout I would buy one, maybe two off you depending on the price.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Geek Dilemma’ is closed to new replies.