Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Gee thanks, postie
  • higgo
    Free Member

I’m working from home and taking five minutes out to idly gawp out of my front window when I hear the letter box. Seconds later, postie’s outside my window and shouts “I’ve left you parcel at number (nextdoor-but-two) ‘cos I didn’t know if you were in”.

“Great,” I think, “those will be the coils I need to fix Mrs Higgo’s car”. So I put my shoes on and step outside to see the fella from nextdoor-but-two disappearing in a cloud of Vauxhall smoke.

Next time, you fat, ugly, idle twonk, why don’t you knock on the door to find out if I’m in rather than using your (obviously failing) telepathic powers as you waddle up the street?

jfletch
    Free Member

hear hear

higgo
    Free Member

p.s. this was not my regular postie who is great.
    (and not fat)

GrahamS

step outside to see the fella from nextdoor-but-two disappearing in a cloud of Vauxhall smoke.

Straight to the market to flog these brand new coils the daft postie just gave him.

McHamish
    Free Member

At Christmas leave him a note that you gave his Christmas tip of £10 to nextdoor but two.

rocketman
    Free Member

Must admit our regular postie is great. Since I left him a note on the door asking him to throw a chain reaction parcel over the side gates (6ft drop onto concrete) he now throws everything over the side gates – phones, routers, crash helmets, forks, wheels, toys, perfume he just doesn’t care 🙂

BoardinBob

My old postman refused to ever knock on my door. He’d just write out the red slip in his van waddle over to my door and stick it through the door, meaning I had to wait 48 hours before I could collect any item I’d paid to have delivered!

Our postman does this. I’m going to kill him one day.

Dobbo

as you waddle up the street

I like that bit best.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve had a postie strongly deny allegations of him sticking the ticket through the door without knocking. I’ve also seen a different postie do it from the window which is right above the front door.

olympus
    Free Member

Our postman does this. I’m going to kill him one day.

My housemate attempted to do that in the street :\

rogerthecat
    Free Member

We have a superhuman postman, he runs everywhere, in shorts, come rain or shine. He is also very pleasant and has arms like hydraulic rams. There isn’t a size of letter, or parcel in the postal system that he cannot force through our letterbox.

DPD on the other hand, said they would deliver between 2pm & 3pm today, they arrived at 2.10pm – top effort.

Bunnyhop

Our postie is the rudest, laziest around, there have been several complaints about his lack of interest in the job he is paid to do.
    A neighbour got stamps as an apology for his inabilty to post her parcels and letters properly.

I’ve asked him numerous times to use our door bell instead of thumping on the glass door, which as someone who works in the attic 3 floors up, I can’t hear.

We have the wrong post at least once a week and parcels thrown in the recycling bins.

They don’t make them like they used to 🙁

argoose
    Free Member

Sorry you have bad posties , but there are many good ones out there.

headfirst
    Free Member

Our postie gives our dogs dog biscuits. This is a shout-out to Victor: YOU THE (POST)MAN!!

beefheart
    Free Member

My postie is awesome- he breaks into my car and leaves parcels in the passenger seat.

argoose
    Free Member

There you go, I’m feeling the love now. 🙂

stevious

My postie in Edinburgh got a fright from me when I accosted him on the stairs and frogmarched him to the van to get my parcel after he tried to fob me off with a red card.

My postie in Inverness is awesome though.

mrdestructo

I have three posties. One I don’t know, one is good (and a BMXer who attends competitions) the third is just fabulous. He recognises all his rounds names, spots mail in the sorting office that ought to have been delivered when things go wrong, and he deserves every bit of praise one could ever earn. He doesn’t get paid enough.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

argoose – Member

Sorry you have bad posties , but there are many good ones out there.

Please don’t misunderstand, I love him to bits, he’s a great bloke. I just wish he could judge relative sizes a little better

househusband

DPD Are indeed ace.

Our village postie is superb, and is duly well rewarded at Christmas. I daresay that suburban dwellers may have an entirely different experience of the Royal Mail.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Our postie’s great, he gives our dog gravy bones even when my Mrs passes him in the street (as long as she’s got the dog with her of course)

nealglover
    Free Member

Our postie is fantastic.

He leaves parcels in the Barn (I gave home the key code) and puts a card through the door to let me know something has arrived.

He also moved a load of stuff and put a tarp over it in the barn while he was delivering one day, as a tile had shifted on the roof and rain was getting in. Saved me loads of damaged gear !

Top fella !

Coyote
    Free Member

Our postie rocks. Never had a problem at all.

argoose
    Free Member

Rogerthecat:
    Honestly not having a go at anyone, just apologizing to everyone who has experienced bad postpersons.
    The majority of colleagues I work with are good. But you will, as with all jobs, get the fat waddling twonks

andywoods
    Free Member

ours is another one of card through the letter box and does a runner, yeah he did it again today!!!!!!!.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

rogerthecat, you don’t live in Brighouse, do you?

meehaja
    Free Member

my postie signs for registered parcels for me and puts them through the catflap. Top bloke.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

dangerousbeans – Member

rogerthecat, you don’t live in Brighouse, do you?

The land of half a brass band? Nope, 40 miles south, so if we share a postman he deserves a medal!!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Thats’s the place.

Either he’s really fit or he has a brother.

molgrips
    Free Member

The sister of a friend was a rural postie for a while (amongst loads of other jobs.. she’s the kind that has trouble holding onto them). She apparently was really chatty and all the old folks loved her and looked forward to her visit, but she was too slow so got fired.

daftvader
    Free Member

As argoos said. Sorry that some of you have the crappy postmen. Most of us (posties) try and do the job properly. However the level of training for the new starters is nil. They are litterally given a badge and a bag and told off you go. Which sucks. And yes there are a proportion of the rest who dont give a flying f***. Some of us do tho and its nice that some of you think your postie rocks. 8)
    If however they are a serious problem go down to the sorting office and talk to the delivery office manager (DOM). I wouldnt bother with customer services cos complaints can take months to filter through

nicko74

A neighbour got stamps as an apology for his inabilty to post her parcels and letters properly.

That’s a hell of an apology…

scaredypants

That’s a hell of an apology…

To be fair, if it was any time recently that’s massive. I believe the smallest denomination on a stamp is now £15.72 – 2nd class letter

HansRey

the ones in Sheffield were awful. My friend worked at the big sorting office and saw staff throwing parcels and jumping on some ‘to see if they were strong enough’. The delivery staff are just as good, one left my new and expensive cranks on the front door step which by rights should have been stolen. Imbeciles.

The Posti guys in Helsinki are punctual. But don’t deliver parcels. You always need to go to the PO which is frustrating considering how much it costs here. However DHL are good. They call me and will redeliver to work, a friends or somewhere else in the city. Top effort.

The posties in Whitby and Goathland, UK are great. All of them bring biscuits for the dog and leave the parcels at the local PO instead of taking back to the sorting office in Whitby.

MrOvershoot

I might be mistaken Higgs but your wifes car has had this issue before??

Are you sure she’s Dutch I get the Scandinavian driving style karma as a vibe 😉

Oh our post girl Suzanne is a gem, she not only delivers everything properly but she rides mountain bikes & often makes a cup of tea for my wife 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Gee thanks, postie’ is closed to new replies.